Having to eat Cafeteria food every school day is no kid's dream. But packing lunch boxes every day is not an easy undertaking either.
That's why I have put together a compact list of easy lunch box vegan recipes you and your kid will be excited about!
These Indian Lunch box recipes excite kids about lunch and recess and leave them energetic throughout the day.
I have tried and made all these recipes, and my kids love them!
Few things to note
These Indian Lunch box recipes are easy to make, and most can be made ahead of time, so you can just grab and go in the morning.
In addition, all of these recipes have been approved by my friends and readers that are also vegan/vegetarian. So you have no reason not to try them this school season!
Indian cuisine presents some of the easiest recipes that can be prepared in a vegan style with subtle changes. So it's always a great option for vegan and vegetarian kids.
Other options to pack
Packing other snacks and fruits along with the main dish is always a good idea to add variety and balance.
Here are a few ideas I like to share on that.
- Veggies - Cherry tomatoes, Cucumber slices, sliced carrots, Air-fried baby carrots, air fried broccoli along with the main dish.
- Fruits like grapes, melons, bananas, small apples, and kiwi.
- Store-bought snacks like vegan bars, peanut pretzels, and cookies.
- Nuts - Almonds, roasted cashews, and raisins.
- Dips and sauces - ketchup, ranch, Indian chutney, and salsa.
Below are some tips and tricks to make packing back-to-school lunches and snacks easier.
- Make a batch of Indian vegan lunch box recipes over the weekend so you have them ready to go for the week.
- If you are short on time in the morning, pack everything the night before so you can just grab and go.
- Get your kids involved in packing their own lunches. This will make them more likely to eat what they have packed.
- Use reusable containers and bags to avoid wasting plastic.
- Invest in a good lunch box that will keep food hot or cold, depending on what you are packing.
- Switch things up and don't pack the same thing every day. This will help keep your kids from getting bored with their lunches.
- Always pack water or another healthy beverage to drink.
Lemon Rice Instant Pot
Instant Pot Tomato Rice
Vegan Fried Rice With Tofu
Instant Pot Pudina Rice
Instant Pot Mushroom Rice
Instant Pot Vegetable Rice
Green Moong Rice - Instant Pot
Vangi Bath Recipe (Including Powder)
Capsicum Rice - Instant Pot
Easy Instant Pot Coconut Rice
Mavinakayi Chitranna(Green Mango Rice)
Indian Garlic Rice
Palak Rice - Instant Pot & Stovetop
Masala Pasta Recipe
Creamy Vegan Avocado Pasta
Instant Pot Pesto Pasta
Lemon Orzo With Peas (Instant Pot)
Other main dishes
Instant Pot Rava Idli Recipe
Barnyard Millet Dosa And Idli
Idli Batter Recipe (Soft Idli Recipe)
Proso Millet Upma - Instant Pot & Stove Top
Easy Spinach Paratha Recipe
Broccoli Paratha Recipe
Gobi Paratha Recipe
Lemon Quinoa Indian Style (Instant Pot)
Snacks or sides
Dal Tadka Instant Pot
Okra Fry Recipe
Air Fryer Potato Cubes
Kala Chana Chaat
Air Fryer Tandoori Gobi
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
Baked Spring Rolls
Vegan Gluten Free Banana Muffins
Banana Carrot Muffins
Mangalore Buns - Banana Puri
Indian lunch box recipes are a great way to ensure your kids are getting healthy food that they will enjoy eating.
With a little planning and preparation, you can ensure your kids have a nutritious and delicious lunch daily.
Do you have any favorite Indian vegan lunch box recipes? Share them with us in the comments below!
You might also like this
Just subscribe to my newsletter for more delicious vegan recipes such as this sent directly to your inbox.