How To Make Cauliflower Fry or Gobi Fry
An Indian stir fry that can be done in a snap and a kid’s favorite too! As a matter of fact, I am sharing this recipe based on my kid’s suggestion. That’s how much they liked it and they think this is going to be everyone’s favorite.
If you love Cauliflower as I do, you will love this too. Crispy cauliflower florets simmered in spices go very well with hot steamed rice or flatbread.
How To Clean Cauliflower
Before we start with the recipe, I want to mention this small hack to clean cauliflower florets before you cook them. Just place them in hot water with salt for 10 minutes. That way, you can get rid of all the bacteria. After that, dry them by placing them on a dry towel. I did not add this in the step-by-step video, but it is definitely important but easy step any time you cook cauliflowers. If the florets do not drain properly, your story fry will get a little watery. There is a fix for that if it happens. Check my video for details on that.
There are several other Indian recipes with Cauliflowers like Gobi Manchurian and Chilli Gobi but they are not nearly as easy as this one. So, if you are looking for a quick fix meal for kids or yourself, this is a sure winner. I have also posted Cauliflower recipes in the past like Spiced Cauliflower Rice and Cauliflower Chana Dal Masala Curry. Check them out too!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a comment here or on my Facebook page. If you prefer getting my recipes directly in your inbox, just hit the subscribe button at the right below.
Easy Cauliflower Stir Fry
- 3 cups cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp Besan/Gram flour
- 1/4 cup chopped Cilantro
- Place a medium size pan over medium heat and add oil.
- When the oil heats up, add cumin seeds.
- As the cumin seeds start to sizzle, add chopped onions and fry until they turn transparent.
- Add all the dry ingredients listed above and sautÃ© well.
- Now add in the Cauliflower florets and mix well. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- If you see water stagnating in the bowl, add a little besan flour and mix well. Let it fry for another 4 -5 minutes.
- Crispy Cauliflower Stir Fry is ready.
Enjoy with steamed rice or Indian flatbread.
Products from Amazon.com