Instant Pot Masala Pasta – One pot indian style pasta
Meet your new favorite when it comes to Pasta! Instant Pot Masala Pasta. While thereâ€™s immense satisfaction that comes from cooking vegan, thereâ€™s equal enjoyment when it tastes delicious, yet cooks in a fraction of the time and delivers a complete serving of vegetables. Instant Pot Masala Pasta is my newest addition to the lineup of dishes you can prepare with the instant pot.
It starts with a base of sauteed ginger, onion and garlic and a mix of garden vegetables. The instant pot makes it easy for the veggie goodness to simmer in your tomato puree. All said and done, there is barely any fat in the dish, yet it turns out rich and creamy. A big chunk of flavor comes from the spices that I use for my Indian cooking. Hence I named it Masala Pasta. With a bag of Rotini pasta, you are just minutes away from a filling and flavorful dish.
You know what else is fun? Cooking the pasta right in the sauce not only saves time but also makes cleanup breezy. Try this today and let me know how you like it. Be sure not to skip any of the ingredients I have listed. I have carefully chosen each one of them and they all play an important role in the taste. I prepared my own tomato puree for this, but you can also use store-bought puree if you prefer so. Try it today and comment here or on my facebook page. If you are looking for more cool recipes with the instant pot, check out my Instant Pot Vegetable Rice, KaleÂ LentilÂ SoupÂ or Vegetable Quinoa recipes.
If you enjoy vegan recipes such as this, get them directly in your inbox by subscribing to my newsletter. Just hit the subscribe button at the right. You will also get a copy of my e-book where I have put together some simple vegan dessert recipes and dessert essentials. My readers have found it very helpful and I am hoping you will too!
Here are the recipe detailsâ€¦.
Instant Pot Masala Pasta
- 2 cups or 8 oz wheat pasta rotini
- 2 cups tomato purÃ©e
- Â½ cup chopped bell pepper
- Â½ cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped onions
- Â½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 4-5 dry basil leaves you can use fresh leaves too
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Â½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder optional
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 cup water
- To the inner pot in instant pot, drizzle a few drops of oil. Press the â€œsautÃ©â€ setting and when oil is hot, add crushed red pepper.
- Follow up with ginger and onions and stir for a minute.
- Add garlic and continue to stir for a minute.
- Add bell pepper, carrots and stir for another 30 seconds.
- Add all the spices noted above and saute for another minute.
- Now add tomato purÃ©e, water, salt, and pasta. Stir the mixture well.
- Close the lid of the instant pot and turn the steam release handle to â€œsealingâ€ position. Press the â€œPressure cookingâ€ setting and set the time for 5 minutes.
- When time is up, open the lid using quick release.
Thatâ€™s it! Instant Pot Masala Pasta is ready! Serve hot with a side of breadsticks…
Check out my video:
Pin it for later:
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon