simple Mint Recipe – Pudina Rice : Guaranteed Happiness !
Yes, thatâ€™s right! I am guaranteeing happiness. The happiness that comes from consuming natureâ€™s wonder herb in a way that extract the most goodness from it. It is even better if you have your own home grown organic Mint leaves. Todayâ€™s Mint recipe is nothing other than flavorful Simple Mint Rice with a full serving of vegetables for a sumptuous supper.Â
We all appreciate a meal that can be prepared in 30 minutes and this recipe is just what you need on a busy weekday evening when you are not sure what to prepare. The list of ingredients I have used is somewhat long (Although worth every ounce!). So you will have to make sure you have all the ingredients before you get started. Â
I do not have to go in length about nutritional benefits of mint because you can find plenty of information online. What makes this recipe special is how you can mix it with cumin and coriander powder to really bring out all the flavors there is to it. Furthermore, garnishing with cashews brings a royal touch to this traditional Indian recipe.
If you are looking for another entree that accompanies Mint rice, you should try my Sauteed Ripe Mango recipe that I posted last year. A tropical side dish for an Asian rice recipe is a powerful combination.
I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as I did. Donâ€™t forget to follow me in social media and pin my recipe on Pinterest for quick reference.
For more recipes please subscribe through email. Thanks for visiting my blog.
Simple Mint Rice- Pudina Rice
- Â¼ tsp ground Black pepper
- Â½ tsp Coriander powder
- Â½ tsp Cumin powder
- Â½ tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- Â½ tsp Cinnamon powder
- Â¼ tsp nutmeg powder optional
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup chopped red onions
- 1 cup chopped mint leaves
- Â½ cup chopped tomatoes
- Â¼ cup chopped cashews
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice
- Place a pan over medium heat and fry chopped cashews over medium heat with 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- When they turn golden brown, remove the cashews and fry cumin seeds with the remaining oil.
- Saute the cumin seeds for about 20 seconds and add chopped onions and continue to saute until they turn transparent.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute for a minute.
- Now, add all the spices (Coriander powder, Cumin powder, Garam Masala powder, Black pepper, Cinnamon powder and Chilli Powder) and stir for about a minute and cover with a lid.
- Let it cook for about 2 minutes and then add the chopped mint leaves and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the fried cashews and turn off the heat.
- Mix this with cooked rice (White or Brown) in a large bowl.
Mint Rice is ready! Enjoy the fruits of your labor!Â