These delicious, vegan carrot ginger muffins are perfect to serve at breakfast, brunch, or at snack time. They’re packed with carrots, spices, and lovely ginger and turmeric flavor!
Today's recipe for Carrot Ginger Muffins is special in two ways. After the overwhelming response from the Irresistible Banana Cake recipe, I received several requests for similar baked, vegan treats. Apart from that, this is the first time I have prepared a baked treat that has turmeric.
As you may have seen, I have used turmeric in several recipes in the past like Turmeric Pumpkin Rice, Pineapple Tofu Curry, and Zucchini Chickpeas Curry. But none of them are baked treats. Turmeric is one of the superfoods packed with antioxidants and they also give a bright yellow color to add character to Carrot Ginger Muffins.
Now that fall season is almost here, turmeric and ginger become even more important because it boosts immunity. My kids are not a big fan of turmeric, but adding them to baked treats such as today's recipe is a wonderful way to get the benefits from turmeric and ginger.
When you try this recipe, be sure to add a few tablespoons of nondairy milk. This helps moisten the muffin. Apart from that, the procedure is very straightforward. You could also replace organic sugar if you do not have or if you do not prefer maple syrup.
Try these ginger carrot muffins today and let me know how you like them! Vegan desserts are a lot simpler than you think, but there are some basic essentials you will need to make it easy.
Related recipes are
For more delicious vegan recipes such as this sent directly to your inbox, just subscribe to my newsletter. You will also get a copy of my e-book where I have put together some simple vegan dessert recipes and dessert essentials.
Carrot Ginger Muffin Recipe
- 1 cup oat flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 ¼ cup grated carrots - 2 large sized carrots
- ¼ cup apple sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup - Or ¾ cups Organic sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon ground dry ginger
- 2 tablespoon ground chia seed
- 3 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon non- dairy milk
- Preheat oven to 355 F
- Grind the chia seeds in a coffee blender or any tiny blender. Mix the chia seed powder with water and set it aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix them evenly.
- Now mix all the wet ingredients and carrots.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix evenly.
- Fill the dough in muffin cups.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Carrot Ginger Muffins are ready! Enjoy!