Simple Vegan Banana Bread
Have your kids turned away from Bananas that have the smallest brown spot on the skin? Brown spots on a banana generally do not indicate disease but good luck explaining that to kids.
Ripe bananas are the perfect ingredients for simple yet delicious Vegan Banana Bread! And I am sharing a recipe for preparing your own vegan banana bread! This bread is one of my favorite for how simple it really is.
How to make vegan banana bread?
Most important of all, it was a surprise to most of my friends that banana bread can be prepared vegan. The magic begins with the ripe or over-ripe bananas that have enough natural sugar in them.
You can also reduce the amount of sugar you add if your bananas are very sweet. Flax-eggs binds the bananas and the flour together to form an even dough and expands well as you bake them for a fluffy and moist texture.
When it is done, the rugged crust bursts with flavor. As it cools down it will be ready for any frosting that you prefer. I chose to go with pumpkin seeds as it one of my family’s favorite. You can also choose slivered almonds or powdered sugar for this. Once you taste a piece, you will want more than one slice.
If you would like to try this recipe tonight, check out my short video. You could also skip the flax meal altogether as a modified version if the bananas are over-ripe and when they are peeled, frozen and thawed before you start with the bread recipe.
If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment here or on my facebook page. For more delicious vegan recipes such as this sent directly to your inbox, just subscribe to my newsletter. You will also get a copy of my e-book where I have put together some simple vegan dessert recipes and dessert essentials. My readers have found it very helpful and I am hoping you will too!
Simple Vegan Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour/ Atta
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 3 large overripe banana
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp flaxseed Powder
- 3 tbsp water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp nutmeg optional
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seed optional
- Preheat oven to 355 degrees F (180 degrees C) and lightly grease 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt to an even consistency.
- Mash the bananas with masher or fork.
- Now add organic sugar, mash again until sugar dissolved.
- Add Vanilla essence, flax eggs. (1 tbsp flax meal in 3 tbsp warm water, soaked for 5 mins)
- make sure the mix is even.
- Add this to the flour and stir until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Then pour into the greased trays. Top with pumpkin seeds. (optional)
- Bake them in the oven at 355F for 40 -50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Watch the video here
Save this recipe for later