Today, I want to share this exciting new recipe for Mango Bread! It is a tribute to sliced bread in a way that redefines bread as a genuine pair with coffee with the sweet notes from dates and mango.
I like to cook and bake mango recipes during its peak season and we are fast approaching the peak in the next few weeks. Mango is not a rare ingredient in Simple Sumptuous Cooking. I have posted several recipes with mango in the past and you can check them out here. Mango Rice pudding, and Mango rice.
Today's recipe is a modified version of a mango bread recipe that I shared exactly a year ago. I am replacing the organic sugar with dates and all-purpose flour with wheat flour.
There is no compromise in the luscious moist flavor or the aroma of mangoes. It has a perfect balance of fluffiness and density, with a golden hue that brightens up dining tables!
Once you gather up the ingredients, the procedure is as simple as whisking and baking. As always, I have not used any eggs for this recipe.
All the fluffiness comes from the wonderful flaxseed mixture. You don't need a reason to enjoy this, but you do need to get it while the mangoes are at their sweetest peak.
If you end up with sour ones, you may have to add a little sugar to the mix. Try it today and let me know what your experiences are...
Check out my other baking recipes
Mango Dates Cake Bread
- Preheat oven to 355 F. Grease the pan and line with parchment paper.
- Blend the mangoes and date paste together to smooth paste consistency.
- Add oil, vanilla extract and flaxseed mixture (3 tablespoon flaxseed meal and 9 tablespoon warm water).
- Add sugar if the mangoes are too sour.
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour and baking soda) in a different bowl.
- Add the wet and dry ingredients together and mix gently to get an even mix.
- Add the chopped (pitted) dates and give them a nice stir.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted, comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool down completely and slice it to your serving size. Serve it warm and pair it up with a hot cup of coffee!
YOUR OWN NOTES
Nutritional information is an estimation only.