Green Mango Rice Recipe
Summer is a great season to enjoy mangoes. Anytime between May and August, you can get great tasting mangoes that make the season enjoyable. In fact, it was exactly a year ago that I shared a recipe for Vegan Mango Kulfi and it was a huge fan favorite at the time. Today, I am sharing a mango recipe that you can try any time of the year because you need raw (green) mangoes for this one. It is a simple, quick and easy recipe for Green Mango Rice that everyone in your family will love.
Green mangoes have a unique aroma that adds aroma and tanginess to rice. Be sure to look for raw mangoes with no soft spots as they tend to ripen when they sit too long on the shelves. Just peel the skin off and grate them with a simple grater. Â
Grating them helps in cooking the mangoes by just sauteing for a few minutes along with other spices. Just cook the rice separately and add them in later to get an even mix. Apart from those little details, the procedure for this rice is very simple. I added a few peanuts to the mix to make it nuttier, but that part is optional. Â
If you are interested in other mango recipes that I have shared in the past, check this link. If you have any questions, check out my short video or drop me a line using this link or on my facebook page.
For more delicious vegan recipes such as this sent directly to your inbox, just subscribe to my newsletter. You will also get a copy of my e-book where I have put together some simple vegan dessert recipes and dessert essentials. My readers have found it very helpful and I am hoping you will too!
Here are the recipe detailsâ€¦.
Green Mango Rice Recipe
- Wash and cook the rice separately in a bowl or in an instant pot.
- Place a pan over medium heat and drizzle 1 tbsp coconut oil.
- As the oil heats up, add Channa dal and peanuts.
- Fry until the peanuts turn golden.
- Add mustard seeds and as they start to sizzle, add green chilies and curry leaves.
- Continue to saute for 30 seconds and add turmeric powder and sautÃ© for another 30 sec.
- Add grated mango, salt and continue to sautÃ© for 2 min.
- Now, add the steamed rice and mix evenly.
- Switch the heat off and Green Mango Rice is ready! Garnish with a side of Indian spicy pickle and you are in for a treat!
Watch the mango rice video
Save this recipe for later use