IrresistibleÂ banana cake!
For most of us, Cakes are too good to pass but also comes with a load of guilt. This â€œIrresistible Banana Cakeâ€ recipe, I hope is going to change your opinion or at least reduce your guilt. What is special about this recipe is that it took no added oil in preparation. Not to mention, it is vegan like all my recipes.Â
So you are looking at a cake with no all-purpose flour, no cholesterol and best of all, no added oil. Zero animal cruelty. Zero Cholesterol. Zero compromises in taste.
There is absolutely no compromise in taste and my family can vouch for that. Thatâ€™s because there is a healthy alternative for Oil, butter, and all-purpose flour. The fats in coconut milk together will a little bit of applesauce, take care of all the work in binding the cake together. I have tried this trick in almond butter muffins as well.
You have to try it to believe the decedent nature of this recipe. Check out my video and photos for visual inspiration 🙂
If you are new to my site, you should check out my simple but useful e-book where I put together some simple vegan dessert recipes and dessert essentials. Â You can leave a comment here or on my Facebook page. If you prefer getting my recipes directly in your inbox, just hit the subscribe button at the right.
Irresistible Banana Cake
- 2 large overripe bananas
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- Â¼ cup coconut milk
- Â¾ cup sugar
- 1 Â½ cup Whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract or essence
- Preheat oven to 355 F
- Grease two 6â€ pans (2 Â½â€ deep)
- In a medium size bowl, mash the bananas with a fork and add all the wet ingredients bowl along with sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients to get an even mixture.
- Now mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and whisk until you get an even mix.
- Pour the batter onto the pan(s).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve with chocolate syrup or a simple sugar glaze.