Before I give away the recipe for these incredibly Baked spring rolls, I want to thank my readers for the overwhelmingly positive reviews I received for last week's recipe for banana cake.
I have already seen wonderful variations of the banana cake recipe that my readers have tried.
Today's recipe is similar in the way that you can try several variations to suit your liking. A crunchy snack like baked spring rolls is a sure-fire appetizer that will kick start a meal and also perfect as a tea-time snack or as a kids lunch box snack.
The recipe is similar to what you find in most Chinese restaurants. However, a vegan version of baked spring rolls is hard to find. Moreover, I baked my rolls rather than deep frying.
Deep frying tends to absorb way too much oil and it can easily hide the flavors from your veggies. I prepared this recipe with varied flavors and veggies.
How to make Baked Spring Rolls
You will have to buy the frozen sheets unless you can prepare your own homemade version.
In my experience, the homemade wrappers do not turn out as good as the ready-made sheets since the ready-made sheets are machine-made and have an even and thin layer, that gives a great and even crust or crisp once they are baked or fried. so I prefer to use frozen ones.
The vegetables that you want to add for stuffing are really up to your taste. I used carrots and cabbage for my recipe.
I also used Aquafaba (and sometimes oil) to replace egg whites, to brush on rolls before baking. That turned out very good too.
Baked Spring Rolls taste even better with a side of ketchup or hot sauce, depending on your taste.
The detailed recipe is in the recipe box. Here are some of my snack recipes...
Just subscribe to my newsletter for more delicious vegan recipes such as this sent directly to your inbox.
If you’ve tried this recipe then don’t forget to leave a rating and let me know how you liked it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! Follow me on social media Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Baked Spring Rolls
Check above for step-by-step pictures (most of my recipes include pictures)
- Place a pan over medium heat and add oil. When it heats up, add sliced onions and saute until they turn transparent.
- Add garlic powder and continue to saute.
- Add shredded cabbage and spiral carrots. Cook for about 2-3 minutes (Half-cooked) and add red chili powder, Garam Masala. Continue to saute for another 3-4 minutes.
- Follow up with Soy sauce, salt, and tomato ketchup. Let it cook for 2 more minutes and take the pan off the heat.
- Sprinkle in a few strands of cilantro and let it cool. Do not overcook the veggies.
- Now take the spring roll sheets and make sure they are moist. If not sprinkle little water.
- Stuff the sheets with veggies and roll it. Seal the rolls with water or cornstarch paste.
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Place all the rolls on a greased pan and lightly brush oil or aquafaba on the rolls.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the rolls look crispy and golden.
YOUR OWN NOTES
Nutritional information is an estimation only.