As the summer season rolls on, the need for the hour is a simple, cold, and refreshing smoothie and that’s what I am sharing today...A Watermelon Pineapple Smoothie! With three simple ingredients, this will be a quick way to hydrate yourselves and also get some vital nutrients. This watermelon pineapple smoothie is a healthy and tasty way to start the day.
With almost one in two parts of pineapple, this smoothie is a good source of Vitamin C that could help in relief from bloating and indigestion. I found pineapple as a good complement for melons to make up for the sweetness with a little sour note. Moreover, it is loaded with beneficial nutrients and is said to have anti-inflammatory benefits. Last but not least, studies show that children who ate pineapples had a significantly lower risk of both viral and bacterial infections.
The third key ingredient that I used for this smoothie is a small piece of ginger. Ginger is another ingredient that can help in digestion as well as protecting you from infection, inflammation, and pain. A little sting from ginger, sourness from Pineapple, and sweetness from the melon makes this smoothie a well-balanced one.
Although this is a summer recipe, there is no reason why you cannot try this year-round. The only downside to that being the sweetness from melons can be inconsistent after summer. So I suggest you try it before the summer is gone.
Tips and variations
- You can use frozen watermelon and frozen pineapple to make a frozen and thicker smoothie.
- Using a high power blender will make your smoothie better.
- You can add a teaspoon of agave or maple syrup if the melons are not sweet.
- For best results, enjoy the smoothie immediately after preparing it.
- Add apples or strawberries for variation instead of pineapples.
Can watermelon be frozen for a smoothie?
The simple answer is yes, watermelon can be frozen, but it will become mushy when thawed. Indeed, frozen watermelon is perfect for drinks like smoothies. But I used fresh watermelon for this smoothie recipe. With the kind of fresh melons I see at the market, there is no need for a frozen kind.
My kids enjoyed the last drop of this smoothie without any added sweetener, so I hope you all will enjoy it as we did.
If this recipe interests you, look for similar recipes in my blog, such as the
- Post work out carrot smoothie
- Berry Banana Smoothie
- Watermelon Rose Juice
- Cucumber Pineapple smoothie
- Spinach and pineapple smoothie
Just subscribe to my newsletter for more delicious vegan recipes such as this sent directly to your inbox.
If you’ve tried this recipe then don’t forget to leave a rating and let me know how you liked it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! Follow me on social media Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Watermelon Pineapple Juice
- 2 cups Cubed watermelon - chilled
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- ½ inch ginger
- Cut the watermelon into cubes and blend them with pineapple chunks and ginger to a smoothie consistency.
- Garnish with a basil leaf or sliced lemon and serve it right away!
YOUR OWN NOTES
Nutritional information is an estimation only.Subscribe to my email list and get my Free E book Instant Pot Vegan Recipes.
Pin this recipe for later use