I am excited to share this easy, healthy, and comforting Zucchini curry recipe. Even though I was preparing this dish for the first time, it hardly took 30 minutes to make. So you can imagine how easy it is! Check out my video...
Today I am sharing another savory recipe with Zucchini and Chickpea. One of my blog visitors had recently asked for a good way to prepare a dish with Zucchini. It is such a pleasure when I get a request like that from my visitors.
After all, with so many cooking options, it is easy to overlook some vegetables. Now that the winter is behind us, Zucchini is a prime option for the spring and summer months.
How to make zucchini curry
Zucchini is one of the very low-calorie vegetables. The outer skin is an excellent source of dietary fiber. So, be sure to buy organic zucchini and don't throw away the skin! Zucchini can be available all around the year, but they are at their best during the late spring and summer seasons.
Chickpeas make the perfect companion for Zucchini because Zucchini by itself does not offer much for protein. Chickpeas do exactly that! So you have a perfectly balanced diet. I used a variety of spices to make the dish come alive and you should try the same.
The Indian-style zucchini curry was an absolute blast with rice and I am pretty sure, it will go well with Rotis too. This is one of the easy and yummy zucchini recipes, my family liked it hope you will find it in the same way 🙂
The simple procedure starts with
- In a hot pan, drizzle a teaspoon of Olive oil and as it heats up, add cumin seeds.
- Add grated ginger, garlic as you continue to stir.
- Later add onions and continue to cook until they turn transparent and then add chopped tomatoes.
- When the tomatoes soften, add turmeric powder, cayenne, coriander, and cumin powder. Stir well and cover the lid and allow it to simmer for 2 -3 minutes.
- Now add chopped zucchini, salt, and Chickpeas and stir gently.
- After about a minute, add Coconut milk and stir gently and cover the lid and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add chopped Cilantro.
Refrigerate the leftover Zucchini curry in an airtight container for up to a week.
This is an easy, vegan, one pan Indian style zucchini curry. And it is a coconut milk-based gravy and flavored with Indian spices.
Here are a few more curry recipes that you might like...
Just subscribe to my newsletter for more delicious vegan recipes such as this sent directly to your inbox.
Did you love this recipe? Rate it five stars!
And let me know what you loved about it in the comments.
Zucchini Curry Indian
Check above for step-by-step pictures (most of my recipes include pictures)
- 3 zucchini - about 4 cups chopped in to cubes
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 tomato
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup water - optional
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 Can Chickpeas - or use freshly cooked chickpeas( 1cup)
- 2 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 2 clove Garlic - chopped
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil
- In a hot pan, drizzle a teaspoon of Coconut oil and as it heats up, add cumin seeds.2 teaspoon coconut oil, 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Add grated ginger, garlic as you continue to stir.1 teaspoon grated ginger, 2 clove Garlic
- Later add onions and continue to cook until they turn transparent and then add chopped tomatoes.1 cup chopped onions, 1 tomato
- When the tomatoes soften, add turmeric powder, cayenne, coriander, and cumin powder. Stir well and cover the lid and allow it to simmer for 2 -3 minutes.¼ teaspoon turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon cayenne, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Now add chopped zucchini, water, salt, and Chickpeas and stir gently.3 zucchini, Salt to taste, ¼ cup water, 1 Can Chickpeas
- After about a minute, add Coconut milk, garam masala, and stir gently and cover the lid and simmer for another 5 minutes.1 can coconut milk, ½ teaspoon Garam Masala
- Remove from heat and add chopped Cilantro.2 teaspoon chopped cilantro
YOUR OWN NOTES
Nutritional information is an estimation only.