how to make vegan Mango lassi – mango lassi or indian yogurt drink recipe with step by step videos.
It’s time for a little tropical treat today. The inspiration comes from one of my readers when she asked how I can veganize the all-time favorite, IndianÂ drink called Mango Lassi. Lassi is a mildly sweet yogurtÂ drink that is usually enjoyed after a light meal. Lassi is prepared in plain yogurt flavor as well as several fruity flavors. For my vegan lassi, I chose to go with theÂ KingÂ ofÂ Fruits, Mango. Mango is not just my favorite but also my entire family. I stock fresh mango in summer and also keep them frozen that I can use in winter. I have posted several mango recipes in the past likeÂ MangoÂ Rasayana,(ripe mango and coconut milkÂ dessert) and Sauteed Ripe Mango. Now you can addÂ Vegan Mango Lassi to the mix. Try it today!
Before I start with theÂ directions and let you try this recipe, I do want toÂ emphasize that you have to chooseÂ mangoesÂ that are really ripe. You can tell easily if you squeeze themÂ easily. If your mangoes are really sweet, you can also tone down on the maple syrup to suit your taste.
Here is a short video clip:
Vegan Mango LassiÂ
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1 cup non - dairy yogurt I used homemade Soy yogurt
- 1/2 cup Almond milk use any other non dairy milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup use organic sugar or other sweet alternative
- 2 cups ice
- Cinnamon powder for garnish optional
- Blend all the ingredients mentioned above and bring them to a smoothie like consistency.
- Garnish with cinnamon powder or any seasoning like mint leaf.