Going by the trend I have set in the past few days, here's another short and sweet recipe to make your own peanut balls. Sweet Peanut balls is an easy and healthy snack that you can munch on anytime. If you are going to dig into a snack between meals, you might as well make it a healthy choice.
Healthy in two ways actually one is the essential nutrients that come from peanuts and the other benefit is that I prepared this without common sugar or honey. I used Jaggery which is nothing but cane sugar mixed with palm sap.
If you are familiar with south Indian recipes, you are probably very familiar with Jaggery. Jaggery is loaded with antioxidants and minerals like zinc and selenium. In mild amounts, it also serves to aid indigestion.The procedure is very simple too. Unlike most recipes, I did not have to use a slow cooker to roast the peanuts. I roasted them in a pan and added them to the thick jaggery syrup. That is one-way jaggery makes the cooking process even simpler. One word of caution is that you have to stir them well after you add the peanuts, to get an even mix and to ensure that it does not stick to the bottom.
I also added cardamom to make it even more flavorful. Cardamoms pack in a lot of fragrance to any dish and this item is no exception. Again, if you are familiar with south Indian recipes, you are a fan of cardamom just like me...
If you enjoy delicious, vegan recipes such as this, get them directly in your inbox by subscribing to my newsletter. Just hit the subscribe button at the right. You will also get a copy of my e-book where I have put together some simple vegan dessert recipes and dessert essentials. My readers have found it very helpful and I am hoping you will too!
Here are few more dessert recipes...
Here are the recipe details.
Sweet Peanut Balls - Peanut Jaggery Ladoo Recipe
- If you are using raw peanuts, roast them in a frying pan with a teaspoon of oil for about 5 minutes when it starts to darken. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Once cooled, gently rub them to remove the skins. (optional)
- Heat a little water in a heavy-bottomed pan. Add the jaggery powder and stir until fully dissolved.
- Simmer for a few minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Add the peanuts and cardamom and mix well.
- Remove from flame and allow to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, make small balls.
- That's it! Sweet Peanut Balls are ready to be enjoyed. Store them in an airtight container and they will last up to 2 weeks! Happy snacking!
Save this recipe for later