Today's recipe is yet another easy and yummy recipe with this newly found kitchen helper: Instant pot Kale Lentil Soup. Why soup? It is one of the best kinds of food for the fall/winter season.
Before I share the recipe for Instant Pot Kale Lentil Soup today, I want to take a minute and say Thank you to my readers for the overwhelmingly positive responses that I have received for the Instant pot vegetable rice and also for the requests for new recipes. So many people have tried preparing the recipes with great success.
A steaming cup of soup with the right mix of vegetables delivers a full serving of vegetables for a day and leaves you warm. With the instant pot, it has become easier than ever to prepare a soup.
I do not think I have ever prepared a sumptuous soup in less than 30 minutes until now. My family loved this soup and I am sure you will love it too.
The goodness in this vegan soup comes from Kale, lentils, Tomatoes, Cloves, turmeric and other spices. Kale is one of the best vegetables out there for its iron content. If you don't have Kale, you can use any other leafy vegetable like spinach or red chard leaves. Choosing other vegetables to add is really up to you.
For more delicious vegan recipes such as this sent directly to your inbox, just subscribe to my newsletter.
Instant Pot Kale Lentil Soup
- 1 ½ Cup lentils (use brown or green lentils)
- 2 ½ Cup chopped kale leaves
- 2 large size carrots
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ½- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 Garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ inch ginger (grated)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 small cinnamon
- 4 cloves (Indian spice)
- Pink salt
- ½ tsp thyme (optional)
- 3 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1 ½ -2 cup Cups water
- 2 Tbsp chives (optional)
- 1 Medium size onion
- Follow up with ginger, and garlic. Stir constantly for a minute or until the garlic turns golden brown.
- Add onions, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
Add kale and continue to cook for 30 seconds.Now, add carrots and tomatoes.Add all the spices and stir for a minute.
- Add lentils, vegetable broth, water, salt, and thyme. Stir for about 30 seconds.
- Close the lid of the instant pot. Turn the steam release handle to sealing position. Press the Pressure cooking button and set the time for 10 minutes.
When the time is up, open the lid using quick release.
Kale Lentil Soup is ready! Serve hot with crackers or croutons!