Step by Step Instructions for Creamy Spinach Soup Recipe !!
How much more healthier can it get from a creamyÂ spinach soup Â that has no diary products! No cholesterol, High in Fiber andÂ HighÂ inÂ Iron! Its just the right recipe for a meal after a calorie burning workout at the gym.Â If you want a quick and light meal, try my creamy spinach soup recipe.
Among the World’s Healthiest vegetables, spinach comes out at the top of most ranking lists for nutrient richness. TheseÂ bright, and vibrant-looking leaves are appealing to the eye as well.Â Spinach isÂ fairlyÂ common in myÂ groceryÂ list and I frequently make Dal, Spinach and QuinoaÂ and stir fries with it.Â Â Soup was something I had rarely tried with Spinach,Â especially without any dairy product. But withÂ so many alternatives for dairy cream, it was only matter of coming up with the right quantity of ingredients. Check out my ingredient list below that made this recipe anÂ instantÂ hit.Â TryÂ the Creamy Spinach Soup with dry toast or croutons!
- 2 cups Spinach leaves
- 1 medium size Potato
- 1/4 coconut milk
- 8-10 pepper corns
- 4 cloves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onions chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 cups water
- 1 toasted bread( optional)
Â Â Peel the potato skin, dice it and boil in hot water.Â Meanwhile, place a vessel over medium heat with 1Â tbspÂ of vegetable oil.Â Saute theÂ peppercorns and cloves.Â Â After about aÂ minute, add crushed garlic and chopped onions and fry until the onions turnÂ transparent.
Add cumin and coriander powder and continue to fry for 30 seconds.Â Add washed spinach leaves and fry for another couple ofÂ minutesÂ untilÂ the leaves soften. Remove off the heat and let it cool.Â Blend all ingredientsÂ togetherÂ (boiled potatoes, andÂ sauteedÂ spinach) with 1 cup water toÂ make it aÂ smooth paste.Â Add salt, a cup of water,Â and a quarter cup of coconut milk and boil.
CreamyÂ SpinachÂ Soup is ready to be served with your favorite toppings!
Creamy Spinach SoupÂ
- Peel the potato skin, dice it and boil in hot water.
- Meanwhile, place a vessel over medium heat with 1 tbsp of vegetable oil. Saute the peppercorns and cloves.
- After about a minute, add crushed garlic and chopped onions and fry until the onions turn transparent.
- Add cumin and coriander powder and continue to fry for 30 seconds.
- Add washed spinach leaves and fry for another couple of minutes until the leaves soften. Remove off the heat and let it cool.
- Blend all ingredients together (boiled potatoes, and sauteed spinach) with 1 cup water to make it a smooth paste.
- Add salt, a cup of water, and a quarter cup of coconut milk and boil.