Here's a quinoa oats dosa recipe that is kid-approved and Grandma Approved. In other words, it is yummy and healthy.
If you are a regular reader here, you already know that I am a big fan of Quinoa. So I am constantly looking for ways to add this wonder grain to my family diet. Along these lines, I thought I will take the Quinoa-Oats combination for dosa and add more flavor from savory spices and a hint of tomato.
A big juicy tomato adds tons of flavor to the dosa. But you definitely do not want more than one tomato because at that point the dosa starts to become more acidic like most breakfast recipes today. A healthy pH balance will keep your energy levels high for a longer time. You will notice that you do not have a 10 am slump anymore. I can go on about acid levels in common breakfast recipes with dairy and meat, but that is a topic for another day 🙂
The procedure is fairly simple and straightforward. You could try the same procedure after soaking the quinoa for 2 hours, but it is not necessary. The prep time and cook time for this recipe were less than an hour! The feedback I got from my toughest critics (My kids) was overwhelmingly positive. That is why I think you should try it this weekend. I added links from Amazon to help you find all the ingredients online.
Enjoy this quinoa dosa with a side of coconut chutney or tomato chutney. Check out the video for step by step procedure. If you like it, I am sure you will love other Quinoa recipes that I have shared in the past like Quinoa Upma, Quinoa salad.
Check out my other recipes
For more delicious vegan recipes such as this sent directly to your inbox, just subscribe to my newsletter.
Healthy Quinoa Oats Dosa
- Blend all the ingredients listed above, with a cup of water. Add more water if it appears very dry.
- Place a cast iron tawa or skillet on medium heat and spread a thin layer of oil on the surface.
- As the skillet heats up, pour a big spoon of batter and spread it thin making a full circle and cover the lid.
- After about 30 - 40 seconds, spread a few drops of oil and flip the dosa.
- Wait another 20-30 seconds until the dosa is cooked evenly.