Vegan Mango Mousse!
How common is it that you come across dessert recipes with less than five ingredients? At Simple Sumptuous Cooking, it is not that uncommon and today’s Vegan Mango Mousse is a good example. A Mousse that is vegan-friendly, calorie friendly and tastes friendly too! I did not have to use any gelatin or agar-agar for this recipe and I nearly finished without any added sweetness, but the mangoes turned out to be sourer than I imagined. So I had to add a little bit of sweetener (Agave Syrup) to finish it off.
Mousses are typically made with whippedÂ white eggs. Apart from the cruelty it brings, that is a lot of animal-based cholesterol. Enough to negate all the workouts you had done in the past couple of days! So, try this vegan version with much less saturated fat from coconut cream than the non-vegan version. Preparing it cannot be any easier. Just be sure to refrigerate the coconut milk ahead of time and use just the cream that settles on the top instead of the entire can of coconut milk. You will need 2 cans of coconut milk to get 1½ to 2 cups of coconut cream. When you are done, just refrigerate them for a couple of hours or more to get a denser consistency and texture.
Here are the reasons why you should make this vegan mango mousse recipe
- Mango Mousse is vegan-friendly, low on calories and tastes better than the non-vegan version.
- One of the easiest recipes with excellent results. Even kids find it easy to prepare this delicious mousse.
- This vegan mousse not only has a perfect texture but its taste and flavor are also amazing.
- This mousse is thick, rich, creamy, dairy-free, sugar-free and is suitable for vegans.
- A very easy no-cook vegan mousse recipe using naturally set coconut fat.
- No need to use gelatin or agar-agar and usually there is no need for added sweetness. Â If the mangoes are sour, a little bit of sweetener (Agave Syrup) is required.
- The most delicious dessert based on coconut milk and mango pulp.
- An instant hit in parties.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
When I made this dessert for my guests, they became a huge fan and wouldn’t stop complimenting me. Kids especially will fall love in with this vegan mango mousse.
Sweetened mousse is served as a dessert, or used as an airy cake filling too. I plan on sharing more recipes with this creamy mouse as a cake filling. If you can think of more ways to enjoy them, please let me know on my facebook page. I am always looking for more way to enjoy healthy versions of vegan desserts and to spread the message.
For more delicious vegan recipes such as this sent directly to your inbox, just subscribe to my newsletter. You will also get a copy of my e-book where I have put together some simple vegan dessert recipes and dessert essentials. My readers have found it very helpful and I am hoping you will too!
Here are the recipe detailsâ€¦.
Vegan Mango Mousse
- Peel the mangoes and dice them.
- Mash the dices to make a smooth puree/pulp.
- In a big bowl, gently add the coconut cream and whisk the pulp until it is creamy.
- Add Sugar or Agave syrup.
- Garnish the Mousse with fresh fruits or dark chocolate shavings.
- That's it! Refrigerate them for a few hours and serve chilled for a sweet indulgence!
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon