2 cups of soaked split yellow lentils (Moog Dal)
1 grated carrot
1 green chili
2 tsp of grated ginger
1/2 cup pomegranate
1/2 cup of coriander leaves
salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 to 2 long red chili
- 1 tsp of asafoetida
- Soak yellow lentils for 3 to 4 hours.
- Drain the water completely, place it in clean cotton towel so it will absorb the remaining water.
- Mix the lentils with all the remaining ingredients. Add salt.
- Be sure to add seasoning just before you serve. For seasoning, heat the oil in a medium size pan and add the ingredients mentioned above. When they start to sputter, take them off the heat and mix with lentils.
- This dish is best served fresh when you smell the aroma from the seasoning.