Here’s yet another protein powerhouse option for breakfast. Besan Chilla – Besan ka Cheela Recipe.
It has been a while since I shared protein-rich recipes. This breakfast recipe for “Besan Cheela” is one that you can prepare in less than 30 minutes.
How To Make Besan Chilla Recipe
Apart from Besan and quinoa, you can get creative with vegetables that you would like to add to the batter, to make it even more healthy.
The appearance and texture of a rightly prepared Besan Cheela will be similar to an Omelette, except that this version is cholesterol-free and more importantly cruelty-free.
One trick that I used in getting an extra fluffy version is using Aquafaba instead of water when I prepared the batter.
You can call it Vegan Omelette or Pancake, but this North Indian traditional cheela recipe will soon be your one of the favorite breakfast.
It is a tasty, nutritious colorful breakfast dish with a good serving of vegetables that you need in a day.
It is usually paired with coconut chutney but also goes well with mixed fruit jams.
If you are new to my site, you should check out my simple but useful e-book where I put together some simple vegan dessert recipes and dessert essentials.
You can leave a comment here or on my Facebook page. If you prefer getting my recipes directly in your inbox, just hit the subscribe button at the right.
Besan Cheela - Gram Flour Pancakes
- Mix all the ingredients (Except Water & Aquafaba) one by one in a big bowl.
- Add water (Or Aquafaba) gradually, as you mix the ingredients. If you prefer an appearance like Crepes, add more water.
- Spread the batter thin on a preheated non stick pan.
- Drizzle few drops of vegetable oil and cover the lid for about a minute until the underside turns golden brown.
- Flip the cheela for another 30 seconds.