Here's yet another protein powerhouse option for breakfast. Besan Chilla - Besan ka Cheela Recipe. This breakfast recipe for "Besan Cheela" is one that you can prepare in less than 30 minutes.
It has been a while since I shared protein-rich recipes. This breakfast recipe for "Besan Cheela" is one that you can prepare in less than 30 minutes.
The protein in Besan Cheela is not only from Gram Flour (Besan) but also from my favorite grain, Quinoa.
Apart from Besan and quinoa, you can get creative with vegetables that you would like to add to the batter, to make it even more healthy.
The appearance and texture of a rightly prepared Besan Cheela will be similar to an Omelette, except that this version is cholesterol-free and more importantly cruelty-free.
One trick that I used in getting an extra fluffy version is using Aquafaba instead of water when I prepared the batter. You can call it Vegan Omelette or Pancake, but this North Indian traditional cheela recipe will soon be your one of the favorite breakfast.
It is a tasty, nutritious colorful breakfast dish with a good serving of vegetables that you need in a day.
Try this Besan Cheela with lots of vegetables for breakfast. I am sure everyone in your family will love to have a nutritious and tasty dish for breakfast. It is usually paired with coconut chutney but also goes well with mixed fruit jams.
Related recipes are
For more delicious vegan recipes such as this sent directly to your inbox, just subscribe to my newsletter.
Besan Cheela - Gram Flour Pancakes
- ¾ cup Gram Flour/ Chickpea Flour
- ¼ cup Quinoa Flour - optinal
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon Chili Powder
- ¼ cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped Green onions
- 2-3 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 cup Aquafaba - optional
- ¼ teaspoon Asafoetida - hing - optional
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Mix all the ingredients (Except Water & Aquafaba) one by one in a big bowl.
- Add water (Or Aquafaba) gradually, as you mix the ingredients. If you prefer an appearance like Crepes, add more water.
- Spread the batter thin on a preheated non stick pan.
- Drizzle few drops of vegetable oil and cover the lid for about a minute until the underside turns golden brown.
- Flip the cheela for another 30 seconds.