These golden triangular broccoli samosas pack a lot of flavor in every bite. As my name suggests, I use Broccoli florets as well as conventional veggies like potatoes and carrots.
You can never go wrong with an appetizer like Samosas if you are cooking Indian. I am going to show you how you can prepare Samosa just like a native chef would...except for the fact that it is going to be a healthier version and it does NOT involve deep-frying. Just check my video and you will see what I mean.
This is another smart way to add broccoli to your kid's diet without having to convince them to eat it. In fact, I had to limit them to just a few¦:-)
Before you start to make baked broccoli samosa, you should make sure you have the ingredients on hand. Most importantly, you will need the butter-free pastry dough to get the right texture.
Check the links at the end to help you choose the ones you are missing. After you watch the video, you will also notice that you can actually vary the size of samosas to suit your guests. You can prepare to bite-size nuggets to pack in just the right amount of masala inside.
Once you learn how to make them, you will realize it is not really as complicated as it looks. Once you have the vegetables steamed, it is really a matter of 15 minutes to get your stuffing ready for baking.
Read the step by step directions below for more details.
Related recipes are
For more delicious vegan recipes such as this sent directly to your inbox, just subscribe to my newsletter. You will also get a copy of my e-book where I have put together some simple vegan dessert recipes and dessert essentials.
Here is the recipe...
Baked Broccoli Samosa
- Steam the veggies until they soften and let them cool.
- Preheat oven @ 425 F.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 ½ tbsp water with 2 tbsp all-purpose flour and mix well. This will form the flour paste.
- In a medium size bowl, add all the dry ingredients (spices) to the steamed veggies. Gently mash them and mix evenly. This will form the stuffing for samosas.
- Now take the pastry dough (After it thaws to room temperature) and make rectangular pieces, like I show in the video.
- Fill the right amount of stuffing, and fold it diagonally to make a triangle and repeat as required.
- Brush the corners with the flour paste you prepared in step 3.
- As a last touch, grease the patties with a little Aquafaba and oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until it turns golden brown.