A simple and easy 7 cup sweet that has simple ingredients like besan, coconut, sugar, plant-based milk, and oil. A delicious dessert in less than 35 minutes with just 5 ingredients! Mmmmm! Tasty!!
Looking for a quick fix dessert in under an hour? I have just the recipe for that today! I could not time this recipe any better myself, because it is the end of spring break for the kids and I was out of most of the snacks.
It will not be long before they come asking for something to munch on. A sweet surprise such as a 7 Cup Burfi saves my day.
This 7 cup sweet is literally a dump and stir dessert recipe. And this recipe is a vegan, and gluten-free dessert.
7 Cup Burfi is a simple dessert recipe for any occasion. It is typically made with dairy ingredients and suits most occasions. I have also posted it in the past. Now I am re-posting that recipe, although in a vegan way.
I am still surprised at how little we have to depend on dairy foods when we decide not to. Nevertheless, as the name suggests, there are 7 measures of ingredients in this recipe. Better yet, there are fewer than 7 ingredients. The usual recipe calls for 3 cups of sugar, but I prefer it a little milder than that. So I used only 2 ½ cups of sugar.
There is no overnight preparation or any special ingredient that is hard to find.
Note that I have used refined coconut oil for my recipe. It is not to say that the regular coconut oil does not suit this recipe.
I just happened to have the refined version in my pantry this time. Using regular coconut oil works just fine, perhaps, you get even more of the tropical coconut flavor with it.
Check out my other related recipes below
For more delicious vegan recipes such as this sent directly to your inbox, just subscribe to my newsletter. You will also get a copy of my e-book where I have put together some simple vegan dessert recipes and dessert essentials.
7 Cup Sweet
- 1 cup besan/ Gram flour
- 2 ½ cups organic sugar
- 1 cup refined coconut oil
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk - or any other non-dairy milk
- Grease a 6"-8" flat pan with vegan butter and place it aside.
- Place a vessel over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- Saute the gram flour until it gets slightly darker, which is about 2-3 minutes. You will also start to smell its aroma.
- Then add grated coconut, Almond milk, Coconut oil and sugar one by one in that sequence and stir well.
- Continue to stir until it gets thicker.
- After about 25 minutes, the mixture starts to bubble and it is ready for the next step.
- Take the vessel off heat and pour on to the greased pan and work the fudge to the edges.
- Allow it to cool for 5 minutes and cut into squares.
Vegan 7 Cups sweet or burfi is ready! Garnish with roasted nuts, but that's optional.