The word Chocolate can broaden any smile. So why not create your own homemade vegan chocolate that you can use with any dessert or even as a bite-sized snack? The best part about it is you can create this vegan recipe in less than 30 minutes of prep time.
Today, I show you the simple steps for a wonderful chocolate recipe. Imagine the desserts you can prepare if you have your own chocolate anytime. I like to drizzle some of the syrup on cakes and also making chocolate curls on ice cream with my peeler.
Basic to making good-tasting chocolate is to use good cocoa powder and the right mix of vegan ingredients that make it creamy. You can adjust the sweetness to your liking and create vegan milk chocolate, bittersweet, or even chocolate with orange zest. The choices are just limitless.
Today I am sharing the tried and tested homemade vegan chocolate recipe. I also tested my new silicone molds for the first time. These molds make it super easy to handle them.
The little dinosaur shaped molds are just adorable. It was one good way to engage the kids in the kitchen. Try the recipe today and let me know if you have any flavor suggestions. I am going to try this with orange or lemon zest and I will share my experiences.
Check out my other recipes
For more delicious vegan recipes such as this sent directly to your inbox, just subscribe to my newsletter. You will also get a copy of my e-book where I have put together some simple vegan dessert recipes and dessert essentials.
Homemade Vegan Chocolate
- Place a big pan over medium heat with 1 cup of water.
- Then place a glass bowl over the pan.
- Place all the ingredients one by one in the glass bowl and start a slow stir to blend in all the ingredients and remove lumps as you go.
- Keep stirring until you see a smooth and silky texture. It takes only 10 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate lava in silicone chocolate molds. Be sure to tap off any bubbles along the sides.
- Freeze for an hour or two.
Measure before adding to the recipe.
Enjoy the homemade vegan chocolate!