I have had several trials looking for a vegan version of a whole wheat pav recipe and I've finally found one that I work. These rolls turned out soft and fluffy. just what you need in a dinner roll. Apart from being vegan, I also tried to minimize gluten by using very little all-purpose flour.
Whole wheat pav is very simple to make and rise beautifully. Apart from the ingredients, the procedure is very simple. This is going to be my go-to recipe for breakfast too. I can pair this with a spicy curry such as Pav Bhaji and misal pav recipe for a delicious breakfast.
Dinner rolls also go very very well with a little tomato jam or vegan butter. Try it today and let me know if you like it. As long as you get a good rise from the yeast, the recipe will be a huge success.
Check out the yummy recipes below
Just subscribe to my newsletter for more delicious vegan recipes such as this sent directly to your inbox.
Whole Wheat Pav Recipe
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon almond flour - optional
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoon Active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup almond milk
Ingredients for brushing
- 2 tablespoon almond milk
- 2 teaspoon oil
- Add yeast and sugar to lukewarm milk. Mix evenly and set aside for 10 minutes to rise.
- Meanwhile mix the flours: Whole wheat, all-purpose, and almond flour. Add oil, salt and crumble the mixture.
- You will notice that the yeast will form the bubbles, and the mixture becomes thick. Add this yeast mixture to the flour mixture. Gently combine them together to form a soft dough.
- Add a little water if required, and knead the dough on a flat surface for 10 mins.
- Put the dough back inside the mixing bowl, cover with a damp cloth. And rest in warm place for an hour.
- Preheat the oven @ 355 F or 180 c
- After the dough rises to roughly double the initial volume, take it out and knead a little more.
- Divide the dough and roll it to form a ball shape.
- Place the ball on a dusted tray, leave it again for 10 mins to rise.
- Brush with almond milk and oil over the top and bake for 25 mins.
Check above for step-by-step pictures (most of my recipes include pictures)
YOUR OWN NOTES
Nutritional information is an estimation only.
Jasmin - VeeatCookBake
Nothing goes about homemade fresh bread. 💗 looks so delicious.
Oh, I love to bake, I always make homemade bread, rolls and stuff... I love this pav! Looks delicious and soft 🙂 Thank you for this recipe!
These are so fluffy looking! What a great looking recipe
Nicole | What She Ate
Well done on perfecting this recipe!! That must have been such a great feeling when they turned out just the way you wanted! 🙂
Thank you Nicole! Yes I am very happy about the results. Already made 4 th time:)
Mary Ellen | VNutrition
These look great! I've never made homemade dinner rolls before but they would be such a warm treat for the table!
Yes true Mary Ellen! Thank you 😊