I have had several trials looking for a vegan version of a whole wheat pav recipe and I've finally found one that I work. These rolls turned out soft and fluffy. just what you need in a dinner roll. Apart from being vegan, I also tried to minimize gluten by using very little all-purpose flour.
Whole wheat pav are very simple to make and rise beautifully. Apart from the ingredients, the procedure is very simple. This is going to be my go-to recipe for breakfast too. I can pair this with a spicy curry such as Pav Bhaji and misal pav recipe for a delicious breakfast.
Dinner rolls also go very very well with a little tomato jam or vegan butter. Try it today and let me know if you like it. As long as you get a good rise from the yeast, the recipe will be a huge success.
Check out the yummy recipes below
Just subscribe to my newsletter for more delicious vegan recipes such as this sent directly to your inbox.
Whole Wheat Pav Recipe
Ingredients for brushing
- 2 tablespoon almond milk
- 2 teaspoon oil
- Add yeast and sugar to lukewarm milk. Mix evenly and set aside for 10 minutes to rise.
- You will notice that the yeast will form the bubbles, and the mixture becomes thick. Add this yeast mixture to the flour mixture. Gently combine them together to form a soft dough.
- Add a little water if required, and knead the dough on a flat surface for 10 mins.
- Put the dough back inside the mixing bowl, cover with a damp cloth. And rest in warm place for an hour.
- Preheat the oven @ 355 F or 180 c
- After the dough rises to roughly double the initial volume, take it out and knead a little more.
- Divide the dough and roll it to form a ball shape.
- Place the ball on a dusted tray, leave it again for 10 mins to rise.
- Brush with almond milk and oil over the top and bake for 25 mins.