It is officially pumpkin season and I want to share a timely recipe for this season...Fresh Pumpkin Dosa.
Let us get started with this gluten-free, vegan Pumpkin Dosa that you could prepare today!
This recipe is somewhat similar to Cucumber Dosa that I had shared last year with one major difference. I did not add any ingredient like Jaggery for sweetening the dosa. The reason being the natural sweetness in Pumpkin!
Adding Jaggery will steal the authentic pumpkin flavor. The list of ingredients for the batter is rather simple with two main items: Rice and Pumpkin. Once you prepare the dosa, all you need is a savory coconut chutney on the side. You can also try my recipe for tomato chutney if you prefer a tangy taste.
Last but not least, there is a little bit of prep work that needs to go in, for this recipe. You will need to soak the rice for about 3 hours to let them soften. Everything goes pretty fast after that 🙂 Check my step-by-step for more details.
For more delicious vegan recipes such as this sent directly to your inbox, just subscribe to my newsletter.
If you’ve tried this recipe then don’t forget to leave a rating and let me know how you liked it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! Follow me on social media Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Fresh Pumpkin Dosa
- 1 ½ cup long grain rice
- 1 cup grated pumpkin
- 1 cup grated coconut
- Salt to taste
- 1 ½ cup water
- Soak the rice with Water for 4-6 hours.
- Drain the water and blend with all the ingredients.
- Collect the batter in a bowl and adjust the consistency with water.
- Place a pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Pour and spread the batter over skillet and cover with a lid. Cook for about 40 seconds and flip to the other side.
- Serve with your favorite chutney.