Oatmeal cookies of any kind, have been my family's favorite ever since I started making cookies. The chewy oats packed in a soft and sweet dough make anyone crave for more. Today's recipe is going to be a blast for you.
I was trying for a hearty, old-fashioned cookie...so I made this peanut butter oatmeal cookies with just a few ingredients. I made these cookies at about noon yesterday and by 3:00 pm, they had all disappeared! That's how good they were.
It's possibly one of the most simple of all cookie recipes out there and probably the one that you can modify to your preference. I used brown sugar and peanut butter, but you can always go with agave or maple syrup for sweetness and also add a cup of chocolate chips.
My regular readers know this very well, but if you are a first-time visitor, you will find it surprising that this cookie requires no butter or eggs! My egg replacement in this recipe has helped hundreds of readers in switching to a vegan lifestyle.
Try it out if you have never tried it. I have shared several recipes in the past such as Easy Vegan Honey Cake Recipe, and Cucumber Walnut Bread with the flaxseed replacement. Check out those recipes too. Next time your kids demand cookies, you can be ready with warm, scrumptious cookies in less than 20 minutes!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Preheat oven @355 F
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix flaxseed meal and water and place it aside.
- In a big bowl, add the dry ingredients: oatmeal, baking powder, and cinnamon powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Combine this with the dry ingredients mix and the flaxseed meal.
- Mix well and add 2 teaspoons of water, if required.
- Make small, round balls and place them on a baking sheet. Press gently to flatten them.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes.
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are ready! Eat Responsibly!
YOUR OWN NOTES
Nutritional information is an estimation only.