Oatmeal cookies of any kind, have been my family's favorite ever since I started making cookies. The chewy oats packed in a soft and sweet dough make anyone crave for more. Today's recipe is going to be a blast for you.
I was trying for a hearty, old-fashioned cookie...so I made this peanut butter oatmeal cookies with just a few ingredients. I made these cookies at about noon yesterday and by 3:00 pm, they had all disappeared! That's how good they were.
It's possibly one of the most simple of all cookie recipes out there and probably the one that you can modify to your preference. I used brown sugar and peanut butter, but you can always go with agave or maple syrup for sweetness and also add a cup of chocolate chips.
My regular readers know this very well, but if you are a first-time visitor, you will find it surprising that this cookie requires no butter or eggs! My egg replacement in this recipe has helped hundreds of readers in switching to a vegan lifestyle.
Try it out if you have never tried it. I have shared several recipes in the past such as Easy Vegan Honey Cake Recipe, and Cucumber Walnut Bread with the flaxseed replacement. Check out those recipes too. Next time your kids demand cookies, you can be ready with warm, scrumptious cookies in less than 20 minutes!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 3 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Preheat oven @355 F
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix flaxseed meal and water and place it aside.
- In a big bowl, add the dry ingredients: oatmeal, baking powder, and cinnamon powder. Mix thoroughly.
- In another bowl mix peanut butter and brown sugar. Mix evenly and then add the vanilla extract. Stir well to get an even mixture.
- Combine this with the dry ingredients mix and the flaxseed meal.
- Mix well and add 2 teaspoons of water, if required.
- Make small, round balls and place them on a baking sheet. Press gently to flatten them.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes.
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are ready! Eat Responsibly!
Check above for step-by-step pictures (most of my recipes include pictures)
YOUR OWN NOTES
Nutritional information is an estimation only.
With the kids holidays coming up, I need such recipes. Peanut butter is o e of their favorite flavors and this will surely be a hot at home!
This will be very fun to kids. Thank you Padmajha!
Today only I though about making peanut butter with oatmeal cookies. They taste delicious and perfect for tea time or as a snack.
Peanut butter cookies with oatmeal are so healthy and tasty. Love the texture of these cookies.
Thank you sapana!
Such lovely cookies here. They look amazing and a definite hit with kids.
Thank you! Very true Jayashree:)
How crunchy those cookies looks. Feel like having some with a cup of milk. Excellent snack box friendly cookies as well. Loving it.
Yes great! Thank you.
I like how you have said eat responsibly. Like you know it's so damn good you can eat all of it right now😅
Yes that’s true! It’s my experience:)
Ahha, so happy that this is an eggless version. Looks so yum !!
My all recipes are vegan:) Thank you Sasmita!
Absolutely delightful cookies! Vegan and easy, I am sold 🙂
Thank you Jagruti!