Cocoa Almond Cookies!
Is there anything better than a cookie recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to prepare? Not just any cookie but a perfectly vegan, perfectly chocolate-y cookie with a rich almond flour base instead of all-purpose flour. If there is something called a â€œhealthyâ€ cookie, this comes pretty closeÂ to a perfect 10. Preparing these delicious cookie starts with simple ingredients: Rich cocoa flour, and organic sugar.
But, there is something else and that is also very important that few cooks get right. Get the right amount of moisture in the dough to get the right cookie texture. Since you would be using almond flour (naturally gluten-free) instead of almond flour, the moisture requirement is quite lower. You will need just 3-4 teaspoons of almond milk. You would have to add them gradually until the dough is held together. If you donâ€™t have super fine almond flour, thatâ€™s alright because you can make it yourself by toasting dry almonds and blend into a fine fluffy powder If you like them, you can also try some of my other vegan cookies like veganÂ AlmondCookies, Peanut Butter Cookies or Oats Cookies.
If you enjoy delicious, vegan recipes such as this, get them directly in your inbox by subscribing to my newsletter. Just hit the subscribe button at the right. You will also get a copy of my e-book where I have put together some simple vegan dessert recipes and dessert essentials. My readers have found it very helpful and I am hoping you will too!
Here are the recipe detailsâ€¦.
Cocoa Almond Cookies
- 2 cups almond fine flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder or use cacao powder
- 3 tbsp sliced almonds
- Â¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 - 4 tbsp almond milk or soy milk
- 3 tbsp oil
- Preheat oven to 355F
- Grease the cookie tray/sheet and place it aside.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a big bowl.
- Add almond milk gradually and gently mix to form an even dough.
- Make round shape balls with the dough and press gently to flatten.
- Place them on the cookie tray and bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Cocoa Almond Cookies are ready! Enjoy them with a hot cup of green tea.
Save this recipe for later
Products from Amazon.com