crunchy coconut Cookie Recipe!
Crunchy Coconut Cookies are probably one of the easiest cookies that you can make. Mine are made with vegan butter, desiccated coconut, sugar, and flour, with a little bit of cardamom thrown in for the subtle touch of Indian cuisine. This recipe is easy to make anytime you have an unused bag of dry coconut flakes or desiccated coconut. It has just the right amount of sweetness to it that will make you reach out for more. Coconut cookies pair very well with a hot cup of coffee. Try them on a cold wintery day and you will know what I mean 😉
One trick I use to get a good consistency is to mix the dough gently enough to get an even mix. Over-mixing can make them too hard and the cookie turns out too hard or undercooked sometimes. Once you prepare the dough, the cookies can be shaped into round balls and flattened before baking, or molded into different shapes. That pretty much sums up the procedure. Dressing them up to suit your occasion is really up to you. You can easily dress them up by dipping them (after they cool down) in melted dark chocolate, or by drizzling a slim thread of melted dark chocolate over them.
Coconut cookies have a good shelf life if you store them in an airtight canister. There is no better time in the year than now to try these cookies. I am really looking forward to your comments on my facebook page.
If you want my recipes directly at your inbox, just hit the subscribe button at the right. If you are new to my site, you should check out my simple but useful e-book where I put together some simple vegan dessert recipes and dessert essentials. Just hit the subscribe button and you will get a copy.
Here are the recipe detailsâ€¦.
Crunchy Coconut Cookie Recipe
- Â¾ cup organic powdered sugar
- 4 oz vegan butter earth balance
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Â¼ tsp green cardamom
- Â¾ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 â€“4 tsp non- dairy milk optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Line parchment paper on baking sheet or lightly grease the pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour and mix the dry ingredients: Flour, baking powder, green cardamom powder and salt.
- In another bowl beat the vegan butter with sugar into a smooth consistency with an electric mixer or just a spatula.
- Add the dry ingredients to the the vegan butter mix. Add in small quantities and mix gently with a spatula. Do not over mix.
- Take a little scoop of the dough and make a round shape and flatten them like I show in my video.
- Place them on a baking tray and bake at 350F, for 15 minutes or until you see golden brown edges.
Crunchy Coconut Cookies are ready! Let them cool down before you serve them with a hot cup of coffee.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon