Today's recipe is Date Fudge. -This simple dessert is so good and will be ready in the time it will take you to watch your favorite sitcom. And best of all, this recipe does not involve baking or any form of cooking.
How simple is that? At the end of your recipe, you will have a creamy dessert you can munch on.
I've made a lot of vegan dessert recipes over the years and this one is by far the easiest. Date fudge has a really firm but creamy texture that comes from Dates and Peanut Butter. It all starts with soaking dates in lukewarm water for about 15 minutes.
Typically Dates are available throughout the year and tend to get sweeter from now on until the end of the year. The sweeter that dates, you will need even less sugar. In my case, I substituted sugar with Agave nectar and that really helps in getting an even mix.
Apart from the dates, what makes it creamy is Tahini. Tahini is loaded with healthy fats and protein from sesame seeds. When your dessert has superfoods like Dates, Almonds, and Tahini, you have no reason to feel guilty if you gobble up two or three pieces! I know I didn't 🙂
I am hoping you will find fresh sweet dates to try this out today. If you are looking for a one-stop-shop for all these ingredients, Costco will be your best option. As always, keep the comments coming. You can leave a comment on this page or on my Facebook page. For more recipes please subscribe through email.
Check out my other vegan recipes
Almond Dates Fudge - Date Fudge Recipe
- 25 dates
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 3 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon oil - optional
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 teaspoon tahini - sesame seed butter
- Soak Dates for 15 minutes in water.
- In a separate bowl mix peanut butter, Agave nectar, and Tahini evenly and set aside.
- Blend the Almonds into coarse powder and now add the soaked Dates, 2 tablespoon agave nectar and cocoa powder. Blend again
- Now pour the dates mix/fudge into a flat tray and press gently with greased spatula or with hand to flatten it.
- Top the fudge with the peanut butter-tahini mix and spread evenly.
- Dates-Almond Fudge is ready! Refrigerate until it solidifies.
YOUR OWN NOTES
Nutritional information is an estimation only.
That's a Sumptuous dessert that can be ready in less than 30 minutes! Dates-Almond Fudge and a hot cup of coffee is a great match that can make any dinner end on a memorable note.