Ragi Malt Recipe
Ragi Malt or ragi porridge is a drink made using Ragi Flour (Finger Millet flour). It's one of the healthy drinks and packed with nutrition and taste.
Servings: 2 people
Saute the Ragi flour in a pan for 2-3 minutes and then add water. Stir well to avoid lumps.
As it thickens, add jaggery, almond milk, or your favorite milk alternative and continue to stir.
As the mixture boils, add salt and cardamom powder(optional). Remove from heat and allow it to cool down a little. The Ragi malt recipe is ready! Serve hot or chilled.
Ragi malt thickens quickly and has to be served immediately. if you are serving it later, make sure to add almond milk to reduce the thickness.
Note: The nutrition values I show here are my best estimates. Please be sure to check your preferred nutrition calculator, if you are relying on accurate calculations in your diet.
- Use a good quality brand of finger millet flour.
- Instead of jaggery, you can also use brown sugar and rock sugar, or candy sugar.
- Plain almond milk is the best alternative to the original recipe.
- Serve this ragi porridge cold or warm.
- You can make this ahead and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- you could also ragi powder in the hot water before cooking. this helps to remove any lumps and can easily mix with hot water to form a smooth paste.
- Once the ragi mixture is mixed with hot water, it has to be stirred continuously until it forms a thick mixture.
- Ragi malt thickens quickly and has to be served immediately. if you are serving it later, make sure to add almond milk to reduce the thickness.
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 68mg | Potassium: 166mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 464IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 179mg | Iron: 1mg