Akki Roti Recipe
All it is is a crispy rice dosa with a healthy serving of garden fresh vegetables. It is really up to you to make it crispy or soft & chewy, but you definitely get the goodness from carrot, ginger and dill leaves in a breakfast recipe.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 cup rice flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour optional
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoon grated carrot
- 2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 small green chilies optional
- ¼ cup dill leaves
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup Water plus add 3 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon oil
prepare Akki rotti :
Grease the parchment paper or banana leaf. take the dough ball and tap gently and begin to flatten it evenly. If needed, dip your fingers in the water and spread the dough. Make 3 holes, this will help to roast as we can add oil in the center.
Now flip over to hot tawa and press gently. After a few seconds remove the parchment paper gently. flip over the rice roti once the base is cooked. now add oil and roast both sides until it turns slightly golden.
Place them between two parchment papers and gently roll them until they are flat. (See video for directions)
Place a pan over medium heat. Drizzle a drop or two of vegetable oil. When the pan is hot, fry the rotis (Dosas). Flip them until you get the desired crispiness.
Check my video if you have any questions.
Notes: The nutrition values I show here are my best estimates. Please be sure to check your preferred nutrition calculator, if you are relying on accurate calculations in your diet.
- One word of caution is that rice flour is inherently dry in nature and it is normal to have a few imperfections on the dosa when you roll them.
- Adjust the spice level to suit your taste preference.
- Apart from coconuts, the choice of vegetables is really up to you. I chose to go with grated carrots, ginger, dill leaves, and green chilies. Other choices are broccoli, radish, and cilantro leaves.
- Feel free to skip the coconut flour.
Calories: 387kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 65mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg