Carrot Milkshake (Vegan)
I love this vegan carrot milkshake because it tastes like one of my favorite ice cream flavors. It's a light drink with only 62 calories per serving, so you can enjoy guilt free!
Servings: 2 people
- 2 medium sized carrots Or 1 cup chopped carrots
- 4 pitted Dates
- 1 ½ cup un sweetened plant based milk chilled
- ¼ cup filtered water
- 2 scoop vegan vanilla ice cream if you desired
Soak the dates in ¼ cup of hot water for 10 minutes. Then drain the water and use only soaked pitted dates.
4 pitted Dates
Wash, peel the skin and grate or chop carrots. Heat a pan, add grated or chopped carrots and saute them on low heat with 2 tablespoon of water. Cook until the raw smell of the carrot goes. Do not overcook the carrots. Leave it to cool.
2 medium sized carrots
Grind the carrots with almond milk, soaked dates, and blend until smooth.
2 medium sized carrots, 1 ½ cup un sweetened plant based milk, ¼ cup filtered water
At the end add vegan unsweetened vanilla ice cream(optional) and blend again. Enjoy!
2 scoop vegan vanilla ice cream
- You could use soaked almonds in place of almond milk. Add water and soaked (for 3-5 hours) almonds to get the milkshake texture.
- Soaked dates are a great substitute for refined sugar. If dates are not available to you add 4 tablespoon of sugar.
- Carrot Milkshakes can stay good inside the refrigerator for up to 3 days
- Extra flavor: You could add a pinch of cardamom for extra flavor. Cardamom can be rather strong, so you only need a pinch or two of it.
- Soaking dates is an important step you cannot avoid. If you have this recipe planned out, be sure to soak the dates in room temperature water for 4 hours.
- A scoop of vegan Vanilla ice cream can be added as you blend the ingredients to get a creamier consistency. I used unsweetened coconut milk vanilla ice cream when the dates do not turn out sweet.
- If you do not prefer adding ice cream, add ¼ cup of top layer of chilled coconut milk can (only cream part, skip the water).
Calories: 62kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Sodium: 1mg | Calcium: 1mg