Moist Vegan Banana Bread
Ripe bananas are the perfect ingredients for simple yet delicious Banana Bread! I am sharing a recipe for preparing your own vegan banana bread! This bread is one of my favorite for how simple it really is.
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour/ Atta
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 3 large overripe banana
- ½ cup organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed powder
- 3 tablespoon water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg optional
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seed optional
Preheat oven to 355 degrees F (180 degrees C) and lightly grease 9x5 inch loaf pans.
In a large bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt to an even consistency.
Mash the bananas with masher or fork.
Now add organic sugar, mash again until sugar dissolved.
Add vanilla essence, flax eggs, and oil. (1 tablespoon flax meal in 3 tablespoon warm water, soaked for 5 mins).
Ensure the mix is even.
Add this to the flour and stir until the mixture is homogeneous.
Then pour into the greased trays. Top with pumpkin seeds. (optional).
Bake them in the oven at 355F for 40 -50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- I chose to go with pumpkin seeds as it one of my family's favorite and is full of health benefits.
- You can also choose slivered almonds or powdered sugar for the frosting. Once you taste a piece, you will want more than one slice.
- you could use all-purpose flour instead of wheat flour
- choose your favorite cooking oil or substitute with vegan butter
- you can replace the sugar with jaggery or brown sugar
Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 207mg | Potassium: 74mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg