Instant Pot Kale Lentil Soup
A steaming cup of soup with the right mix of vegetables delivers a full serving of vegetables for a day and leaves you warm. With the instant pot, it has become easier than ever to prepare the soup. I do not think I have never prepared a sumptuous soup in less than 30 minutes.
Servings: 5 people
- 1 ½ Cup lentils (use brown or green lentils)
- 2 ½ Cup chopped kale leaves
- 2 large size carrots
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ - 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 Garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ inch ginger (grated)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 small cinnamon
- 4 cloves (Indian spice)
- Pink salt
- ½ teaspoon thyme (optional)
- 3 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1½ - 2 cup Cups water
- 2 tablespoon chives (optional)
- 1 Medium size onion
- 2 tablespoon Oilve oil
Note: The nutrition values I show here are my best estimates. Please be sure to check your preferred nutrition calculator, if you are relying on accurate calculations in your diet.
- You could add your choice of vegetables to this soup. Starchy vegetables or carrots are good options to consider. Be sure to adjust the spices accordingly.
- Wash Kale thoroughly before you use them. I recommend going with organic kale.
- Chop the vegetables to bite-sizes to match the lentils.
- Store the leftover soup in an airtight container for upto a week in the refrigerator.
Calories: 405kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 58mg | Potassium: 569mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2350IU | Vitamin C: 25.5mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 2.8mg