Vegan Banana Oat Muffins
If you ever wondered how to make tender, flourless vegan muffins this recipe is the one you are looking for. This oat muffin recipe is one that proves that healthy food can also taste really good as well!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 Ripe bannas
- ½ cup refined sugar
- ½ cup plant-based milk
- ¼ cup corn or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped pecans and walnuts optional
Preheat the oven to 400F. Then grease the muffin pan and keep it ready for use.
Prepare oat flour and sieve it to get a fine consistency. Place it aside for use later.
First, mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
Mash the bananas with a fork and add sugar, oil, and the plant-based milk. Stir well. Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
Mix well and add the chopped pecans and walnuts. Save a little bit of the nuts to top the muffins later.
Use a large spoon or ice cream scoop and pour the dough into the greased muffin tin ¾ of the way – top with chopped pecan and walnuts.
Bake for 15 minutes at 400F for perfection.
Note: The nutrition values I show here are my best estimates. Please be sure to check your preferred nutrition calculator, if you are relying on accurate calculations in your diet.
- Use a greased muffin pan or paper muffin cups. Both options work equally well for this recipe.
- I used almond milk in this recipe but you can replace it with coconut milk or any other nut-milk/dairy-free milk of your choice.
- Oats flour can be replaced with all-purpose flour if you do not prefer oat flour. Ripe bananas are key for two reasons - sweetness and texture.
- A little bit of brown spots on the bananas is what you need. You can also use brown bananas that have been (de-skinned and) frozen. That way you can prepare the recipe when you are ready.
- These muffins will stay out fresh for 4- 5 days if it lasts that long that is…:-)
Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 276mg | Potassium: 160mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg