Banana Carrot Muffins
These delicious little carrot muffins are perfect to serve as breakfast, brunch, or as a pairing for coffee. Prepared with whole wheat flour, 100% vegan ingredients, and without any eggs, there is no better way to enjoy muffin recipes.
Servings: 12 muffins
Preheat the oven to 350 F (175C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl. And add brown sugar, oil, and mix well.
2 banana, ½ cup brown sugar, ½ cup corn oil
Add your favorite plant-based milk, vanilla extract, and mix well.
¾ cup almond milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Take another big bowl and mix together the rest of the dry ingredients.
1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 2 cups whole wheat flour, ¾ teaspoon ginger powder
Combine the dry and wet ingredients and add the grated carrots.
1 cup grated carrots
Mix them well to get an even mix.
Divide batter into the muffin tins that you prepared earlier.
Bake at 350F for 20 -25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool for about 5 minutes before removing the muffins. Place them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Please be sure to grate your own carrots and don’t try to use the pre-shredded kind from the store. The carrots in those bags tend to be dry and do not work as well for this recipe.
- If you want a nicely rounded top on your muffins, you can use an ice cream scoop to put the batter in the liners. This will help them bake evenly and not sink in the middle.
- These muffins can be stored in the freezer for up to a month. Just let them thaw on the counter before serving.
- If you want to make these muffins into mini muffins, just adjust the baking time by about 5 minutes.
- Be sure to have all ingredients at room temperature before mixing them together, to get an even rise on the muffins.
Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 115mg | Potassium: 191mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 14IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg