If you love Cauliflower like I do, you will love this too. Crispy cauliflower florets simmered in spices go very well with hot steamed rice or flatbread.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 cups Cauliflower or 1 head of cauliflower
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder or 2 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Besan/Gram flour (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped Cilantro for garnish
Place a medium size pan over medium heat and add oil.
When the oil heats up, add cumin seeds.
As the cumin seeds start to sizzle, add chopped onions and fry until they turn transparent.
Add all the dry ingredients listed above and saute well.
Now add in the Cauliflower florets and mix well. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
If you see water stagnating in the bowl, add a little besan flour and mix well. Let it fry for another 4 -5 minutes. or until you get a crispy gobi sabzi.
Crispy Cauliflower Stir Fry is ready.
The nutrition values I show here are my best estimates. Please be sure to check your preferred nutrition calculator, if you are relying on accurate calculations in your diet.
- Use red onions or white onions whichever is available to you. I have used both types of onions with similar success. Red onions add a mildly sweet taste as we saute them.
- Using gram flour or besan flour is optional. if your gobi sabzi turns liquidy, add 1tablespoon of besan four. This will quickly absorb the water from the dish to get the right texture.
- Use red Kashmiri chili powder for a bright red color. If you also prefer a spicy version, add ½ teaspoon of red chili powder.
- Cauliflower florets need to be tender and crisp and not soft as they could disintegrate as you prepare the curry.
- Store the leftover dry cauliflower curry in the fridge for up to a week.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 47mg | Potassium: 282mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 414IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg