Broccoli Paratha Recipe
Broccoli Stuffed Paratha is one simple dish that is easy to prepare and loaded with dietary fiber, iron, calcium, and a lot of cancer-fighting components.
Cut broccoli into small pieces and put them in hot water for 15 minutes.
Remove and pat dry the florets. Grate the broccoli florets and keep them aside.
Take a small bowl, mix the shredded or grated broccoli with a pinch of salt, red chili powder, turmeric, ginger, and mango powder. Mix well.
Mix the Whole wheat flour and salt thoroughly and then make a soft dough by adding water and oil. Add the water in small quantities while kneading and making sure the dough doesn't have any lumps. Too much water will ruin the dough. Keep the dough aside.
Roll the dough into small circles and stuff the broccoli mixture. Fold the edges of the circular dough to cover the stuffing. Do not pinch off the excess dough. Instead, fold it and seal the stuffed dough with it.
Roll the stuffed broccoli to make a flat roti. It is hard to maintain a circular shape when you are rolling. It is ok to end up with any shape. It is usually a source of laughter when the kids get funny-shaped parathas.
Place a skillet over medium heat. Place the flat broccoli dough (roti) on the hot skillet and keep it until you see raised bumps on it. Flip it a few times to ensure even heating on both sides. On the last flip add oil to the surface of the paratha and spread it evenly.
Broccoli paratha is ready! Serve it warm paired with plain vegan yogurt or butter and vegetable kurma!
- Do not apply much pressure when you roll the broccoli parathas. That leaves uneven thickness and overcooks the parathas at some spots.
- Grate the broccoli into a fine texture. This will greatly help when you roll/flatten the dough.
- You don’t have to toss the broccoli stems! Use them in your curry or stir fry recipe!
- To get the best-tasting parathas, apply a thin layer of vegan butter or olive oil when you serve them warm.
- Store leftover stuffed parathas in an airtight container for up to a week.
Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 227mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 80IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 2mg