Mushroom Quinoa Recipe
Here is an easy, one-pot mushroom quinoa recipe that you can prepare in 20 minutes or less. If you are looking for a quick fix weekday dinner option, this is it!
- 12 oz mushroom
- 1 ½ cup quinoa
- 1 ½ cup water or vegetable broth
- 1 onion
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder or cayenne powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Cilantro for garnish
To begin with, press saute on the Instant Pot and add oil to the inner pot. As the oil heats up, add chopped garlic. Saute the garlic for a minute and add the sliced, cleaned mushrooms Saute for another minute. Now, add the sliced onions and saute until they turn translucent.
Add frozen peas, all the spices, and salt. Mix well and saute for 30 seconds to a minute. Add the prewashed quinoa or rinsed quinoa followed up with 1 ½ cups water. Stir well and press cancel.
Close the instant pot lid and press the pressure cooker button. Set the value in sealing mode and set the timer for 3 minutes.
At the end of the timer, let the pressure release naturally before opening the lid. Fluff the quinoa lightly with a fork and garnish with cilantro. Mushroom Quinoa is ready
Note: The nutrition values I show here are my best estimates. Please be sure to check your preferred nutrition calculator, if you are relying on accurate calculations in your diet.
- Always rinse and drain the quinoa before using it in the recipe
- Add your favorite leafy vegetables like spinach or kale to the recipe.
- Use vegetable broth instead of water for better flavor.
- You can prepare this on the stovetop too. All the steps are the same except that you will need 2 cups of water to boil the grains and you would cook for approximately 12 minutes undercover.
- I used a 6-quart Instant pot duo(pressure cooker)for this recipe
Calories: 276kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 681mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 11IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 3mg