Spinach Diamond CutsÂ or Thukudi !
I have a snacking recipe that precisely satisfies two of my main criteria: Delightfully yummy and easy to prepare. Spinach Diamond Cut Chips is the “Snack of the week” in my household for the same two reasons. Is there a bad time for snack?I don’t think so, looking at how fast these chips disappeared from my canister. These chips can be prepared with wheat flour or plain old all-purpose flour. The spices and flavorings make all the difference.
Chips at the store are fine, but my homemade Spinach Diamond cut Chips recipe turns out a chip that has a far better taste and texture. The goodness from spinach makes them a tad more attractive 🙂
While these homemade Chips are part of my midday snack routine, theyâ€™re also a great option for a teatime snack or as a finger food for your holiday party. Try this simple recipe and I am sure your family will enjoy it just like mine! Do not forget to share your feedback in comment section. Happy Snacking!
- 1 cup All purpose flourÂ (or wheat flour)
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 cup blanched spinach
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- Vegetable Oil for deep fry Â (2 cups)
Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.Â Blend the blanched spinach with 3 tbsp water.Â Now mix the spinach paste with the dry ingredients and make a dough (add water if required)
Flatten a small lump of the dough with a rolling pin to about 1/8″.Â Use a pizza cutter to make diamond shaped pieces.Â When oil is ready to fry, add the diamond shaped pieces and fry until they are golden brown.Â Take them off the heat and allow it to cool on a dry paper towel before you store them in a canister.
Spinach Diamond Cuts or Thukudi is ready to serve with cup of coffee!
Spinach Diamond Cuts â€“ ThukudiÂ Recipe
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Blend the blanched spinach with 3 tbsp water.
- Now mix the spinach paste with the dry ingredients and make a dough (add water if required)
- Flatten a small lump of the dough with a rolling pin to about 1/8"
- Use a pizza cutter to make diamond shaped pieces.
- When oil is ready to fry, add the diamond shaped pieces and fry until they are golden brown.
- Take them off the heat and allow it to cool on a dry paper towel before you store them in a canister.