Homemade Mandarin Orange Cupcake!
If you are looking for a moist, melt in your mouth kind of recipe for cupcakes, look no further! I have the perfect one for you: Mandarin Orange Cupcake.These golden beauties are so soft and delicious that you will not prepare cupcake any other way! Especially so because these cupcakes contain no dairy ingredients, all-purpose flour or eggs. Thatâ€™s not to say that you can have as many of these cupcakes. Although they are incredibly soft, thereâ€™s virtue in moderate consumption;-)
This recipe is a refreshing change from expensive store-bought cupcakes. You can prepare these for your holiday party or as a recess snack for your kid. My kids loved this so much, that my first batch of 6 was gone in 6 minutes!
The procedure is fairly simple with common ingredients. I used a combination of almond flour and whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour. The only special ingredient here is apple cider vinegar mixed with non-dairy milk, that makes it so light and fluffy. The ingredients I have listed here is for 12 cupcakes. Before you try the recipe, be sure to adjust the quantities if you need more cupcakes. As Always, I have added a short video to help you with your preparation, but you can always reach out to me on my facebook page with questions.
If you want my recipes directly at your inbox, just hit the subscribe button at the right. If you are new to my site, you should check out my simple but useful e-book where I put together some simple vegan dessert recipes and dessert essentials. Just hit the subscribe button and you will get a copy.
Here are the recipe detailsâ€¦.
Mandarin Orange Cupcakes
- Â¾ cup Almond Powder/ meal
- Â¾ cup whole wheat flour
- Â¼ cup homemade orange juice
- Â¼ cup non dairy milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Â¾ tsp baking powder
- Â½ cup organic sugar
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp orange zest or shredded mandarin peel
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract or orange extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In large bowl, whisk and combine all the dry ingredients except sugar and place it aside.
- In another bowl, whisk sugar and oil.
- Add orange juice and vanilla extract and continue to whisk.
- In small bowl mix, non dairy milk with apple cider vinegar. As it starts to curdle, add this to the wet ingredients and whisk lightly.
- Now add the dry ingredients and mix gently.
- Pour the batter into cupcake molds.
- Bake for 15- 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Get creative with the decorative frosting!
I used homemade orange juice. You can use store bought too.
Save this for later
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: Check on Amazon