Yet another kids favorite sweet recipe! Gram flour fudgeÂ also known as 7 cup sweet.
This is very easy to make and very tasty. You just cannotÂ stopÂ after eating one bite! Better yet, you can pack it as gift to your friends because it can last up to 2 weeks!
In India, this is commonly made during “Diwali” festival.Â Combination of the gram flour, milk , ghee make this sweet very delicious! Cook time of less than 30 minutes makes this a very good option if you are looking for a quick fix for entertaining your guests or to satisfy your sweet cravings 😉
- 1 cup Gram/ Besan flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup melted Ghee
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 2Â 1/2 cups Organic sugar (use 3 if you prefer it sweeter)
- Grease a 6″-8″Â flat pan with ghee and keep it aside.
- Place a vessel over medium heat and add 1 tbsp ghee/ clarified butter.
- SautÃ© the gram flour until it gets slightly darker. You will also start to smell its aroma.
- Then add grated coconut, milk, ghee, and sugar one by one.
- Continue stirring until it gets thicker.
- After about 20-30 minutes, the mixture starts to bubbles. Now it’s ready for the next step.
- Take the vessel off heat and pour on to the greased pan. Spread the fudge to the edges.
- Allow 5 minutes for it to cool and cut in to squares.
Gram flour fudge is ready! Mmmmm! Tasty!!
Garnish with roasted nuts, but that’s optional.
|Prep time||Cook time||Makes|
|10 Minutes||30- 40Minutes||30- 40 pieces|