Eggless Jeera Biscuits- perfect for tea time!
Satisfy your sweet tooth cravings with these flavor-ish and delish Egg-less Jeera Biscuits. Indian biscuitsÂ are a favorite tea time snack in almost all Indian households. It has been a while since I posted any baking recipes. So I thought this might be a good change in scene from curries and stir-fries.Â
What makes these cookies special is that I have not used any eggs and yet the cookies turned out wonderfully crispy Â with no compromise on taste. Jeera seeds (Cumin seeds)Â add a wonderful flavor and aroma to the cookies as well. Apart from the flavor that jeera adds, it can also help improve digestion and insomnia.
A little bit of salt brings helps in bringing all the flavors from Jeera and cinnamon. If you are going to try this, be sure to add just a pinch of salt to the butter and you will be surprised at the difference it brings.
The soft and crumbly Jeera cookies were an instant hit for my kids too! They could not stop eating just one and I am sure you cannot eitherâ€¦
Here’s the recipe for you to try!
â€¢1 cup all purpose flourÂ Â
â€¢1/4 tsp baking sodaÂ
â€¢1/4 tsp cinnamon powderÂ
â€¢1 tbsp cumin seeds/ JeeraÂ
â€¢1/2 cup in salted butter or 1 stickÂ Â
â€¢1/3 cup sugarÂ
â€¢Pinch of saltÂ Â
Preheat oven at 350’F,Â InÂ a bowl mix the dry ingredients :Â Flour, baking soda, cumin seeds, salt and cinnamon powder.Â Â In separate bowl, mix the room temperature butter and sugar and make sure sugar is completely dissolved.Â
Â Add butter paste to flour mixture and make a dough.Â Flatten the dough and cut into your desired shape. Place them on cookie sheets.
When the oven is ready, bake for 10-13 minutes. Check often, look for the crispy and brown edges.Â Â Remove from the oven and allow them to cool.Â
Eggless Jeera Biscuits â€“ Cumin CookiesÂ
- Pre- heat oven at 350'F, In a bowl mix the dry ingredients : Flour, baking soda, cumin seeds and cinnamon powder.
- In separate bowl, mix the room temperature butter and sugar and make sure sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add butter paste to flour mixture and make a dough.
- Flatten the dough and cut into your desired shape. Place them on cookie sheets.
- When the oven is ready, bake for 10-13 minutes. Check often, look for the crispy and brown edges. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool.