Creamy vegan Chocolate Mousse
Creamy Vegan Chocolate Mousse . . . a new addition to my lineup of easy-to-make dessert recipes. Not just that, it is a new recipe in a list of dishes you probably did not expect to be vegan. The creamy texture and taste isÂ from coconut milk cream. With just 5 Â simple ingredients, this vegan chocolate mousse is sure to be a hit in your house or party, especially because of the decadent taste and the fact that the cooking time is less than 15 minutes!
Another tasty surprise in this recipe is that there is no added sugar. All the sweetness comes from Medjool dates. If you do not find Medjool dates, you might have to add a few sweeteners like maple syrup or agave nectar.
I have prepared this twice in a weeks time…with and without breadcrumbs. They are both equally good. So it comes down to how you like your mousse…smooth and creamy or with a hint of grainy breadcrumbs. Last but not least, I used just the top layer of cream from canned coconut milk(refrigerated) to get the right texture. Before you read the directions, hereâ€™s a little side note…there is a little bit of prep work before and after you prepare this recipe. So, be sure to prepare at least 4 hours before you plan to enjoy it. Check out my videos for more directions.
If you enjoy vegan desserts such as this, get them directly in your inbox by subscribing to my newsletter. Just hit the subscribe button at the right. You will also get a copy of my e-book where I have put together some simple vegan dessert recipes and dessert essentials. My readers have found it very helpful and I am hoping you will too!
Here are the recipe detailsâ€¦.
Creamy Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- 1 Â¼ cup coconut cream canned organic coconut milk refrigerated
- 1 Â½ cup dates paste 25 Medjool dates
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp gluten-free bread powdered optional
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Coconut whipped cream optional
- Soak Medjool dates or any other pitted dates in warm water for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the gluten-free bread and blend them to a make your own breadcrumbs.
- Blend the dates with Â½ cup water to get 1 Â½ cup of date paste.
- Mix the coconut cream (coconut milk's top of the layer) and dates paste in a bowl and whisk until creamy.
- Add coconut whipped cream and gently mix with a spatula.
- Refrigerate the bowl of mousse for 2- 4 hours.
Creamy Vegan Chocolate Mousse is ready to be served!
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $5.24Was: $6.99
Price: $14.00Was: $15.00