Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Cups!
These Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups with Coconut flakes are a healthy and a tasty treat that you can prepare with fewer than 8 vegan ingredients and in less than 15 minutes! Just wait until you pop the first one and you will notice how it melts in your mouth. Peanut Butter and Chocolate is always a winning combination, but when you add in some coconut flavor, it is something you have to experience rather than read me describe it.
What I love about making my own peanut butter cups is that you get to control everything, from how dark the chocolate is, to how much peanut butter goes into the recipe. If you are allergic to peanut butter there are alternatives like almond butter, cashew butter, or even sunflower butter. Itâ€™s super easy to prepare. Best of all, it is yet another example of how we do not really need dairy ingredients to prepare a snack like this. Apart from being a vegan snack, it is also free of gluten and refined sugar.
As you can see from my directions, the steps are fairly simple. The only step where you have to be attentive is when you heat the peanut butter. Be sure not to use direct heat. I melted them in a bowl placed over hot water. Try it today and let me know how you liked it.
If you enjoy delicious, vegan recipes such as this, get them directly in your inbox by subscribing to my newsletter. Just hit the subscribe button at the right. You will also get a copy of my e-book where I have put together some simple vegan dessert recipes and dessert essentials. My readers have found it very helpful and I am hoping you will too!
Here are the recipe detailsâ€¦.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Cups
- Place shredded coconuts and coconut milk in a blender blend into a coarse paste consistency.
- Melt peanut butter in a bowl placed over boiling water. (Do not melt with direct heat).
- Add coconut oil and give it a nice stir until it is smooth & creamy.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop the peanut butter mixture into the bottom of each mini muffin liner.
- Press the coconut paste filling into each muffin cup, then pour the remaining peanut butter chocolate to spoon over the top. You want the tops to be flat, just like Reese's peanut butter cup, so you might need a little bit more than a teaspoon to fill out the tops.
- While the chocolate is still in melted form, sprinkle the tops with coarse sea salt, if desired.
- Allow the cups to cool to room temperature, or put them in the fridge to speed up the process.
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups are ready! Store them for up to a month in an airtight containerâ€¦.if you can resist until then!
save this recipe for later
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: $12.09Was: $13.99