Cakes are irresistible for most of us and today's recipe will only make it even more so. That's because I did not have to use any all-purpose flour for this Chocolate Banana Loaf cake and as always, it is vegan. Better yet, I was able to prepare the batter for this cake in less than 20 minutes.
That was just enough to get the oven preheated. It is the best winter day snack/dessert you can prepare for less than 30 minutes of work. Since I received the great reviews for the Irresistible Banana Cake, I am pretty sure you will love this recipe too!
I also tried to use as little oil as possible to keep the decadent taste. After a few trials, I was able to get it right with just ½ a cup of oil and zero compromise in taste. When you prepare this recipe, you will have to make sure that the bananas are ripe, but not overripe.
The idea is to get natural sugars instead of having to add some yourself. If the bananas are too mushy, that could spoil the batter consistency. So, you have to stay away from overripe bananas.
Another important detail is to not overmix the ingredients. All you need is a gentle mix to get an even consistency. Check my step by step video for details.
If you are new to my site, you should check out my simple but useful e-book where I put together some simple vegan dessert recipes and dessert essentials. You can leave a comment here or on my Facebook page. If you prefer getting my recipes directly at your inbox, just hit the subscribe button at the right.
Here are the recipe details.
Chocolate Banana Cake
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour (Atta)
- ½ Cup Unsweetened cocoa powder - Hershey's Cocoa Powder
- ½ Cup canola oil
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Large Ripe Banana
- 3 tablespoon soy milk
- 1 teaspoon Apple cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 355F.Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a loaf pan or use parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the mashed bananas, brown sugar, oil, vanilla extract, soy milk and apple cider vinegar and mix gently
- With a spatula, lightly fold the wet ingredients (banana mixture) into the dry ingredients just until the batter appears consistent. You do not have to use a whisk for this. The important detail here is not to over-mix the batter.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.Let it cool completely and slice to your serving size.
Check above for step-by-step pictures (most of my recipes include pictures)
YOUR OWN NOTES
Nutritional information is an estimation only.
Chocolate Banana Loaf Cake is ready to be served with a hot cup of coffee!
Your cake is just awesome all my girl friends and family simply loved it
That’s great! Thank you:)
Nom nom...my kids are a big fan of chocolate cake and this is perfect for them.. no afp!
Thank you Soniya! Same here, this become new favorites 🙂
Love this cake.. looks delicious. Good to see a vegan recipe here.
I love baking goodies which are eggless..so yummy!
Can we add regular milk and apple cider vinegar instead of soy milk
Hi Shweta! Yes you can do that. Happy baking. 🙂
Love the cake and the crumb looks absolutely perfect. Which choco chips do you use? Mine are really small and they disappear when baked.
Thank you Nand! I get it from Costco Kirkland semisweet brand 🙂
Gorgeous loaf of cake with an amazing texture!! Love the large chocolate chips on top; like icing on the cake 🙂 I am excited that it is eggless too.. love it 🙂