Cakes are irresistible for most of us and today's recipe will only make it even more so. That's because I did not have to use any all-purpose flour for this Chocolate Banana Loaf cake and as always, it is vegan. Better yet, I was able to prepare the batter for this cake in less than 20 minutes.
That was just enough to get the oven preheated. It is the best winter day snack/dessert you can prepare for less than 30 minutes of work. Since I received the great reviews for the Irresistible Banana Cake, I am pretty sure you will love this recipe too!
I also tried to use as little oil as possible to keep the decadent taste. After a few trials, I was able to get it right with just ½ a cup of oil and zero compromise in taste. When you prepare this recipe, you will have to make sure that the bananas are ripe, but not overripe.
The idea is to get natural sugars instead of having to add some yourself. If the bananas are too mushy, that could spoil the batter consistency. So, you have to stay away from overripe bananas.
If you are new to my site, you should check out my simple but useful e-book where I put together some simple vegan dessert recipes and dessert essentials. You can leave a comment here or on my Facebook page. If you prefer getting my recipes directly at your inbox, just hit the subscribe button at the right.
Here are the recipe details.
Chocolate Banana Cake
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour (Atta)
- ½ Cup Unsweetened cocoa powder - Hershey's Cocoa Powder
- ½ Cup canola oil
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Large Ripe Banana
- 3 Tbsp soy milk
- 1 tsp Apple cider Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 355F.Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a loaf pan or use parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the mashed bananas, brown sugar, oil, vanilla extract, soy milk and apple cider vinegar and mix gently
- With a spatula, lightly fold the wet ingredients (banana mixture) into the dry ingredients just until the batter appears consistent. You do not have to use a whisk for this. The important detail here is not to over-mix the batter.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.Let it cool completely and slice to your serving size.
Chocolate Banana Loaf Cake is ready to be served with a hot cup of coffee!