Beets Puff pastry Recipe
Gadgets, Ties, â€œWorldâ€™s Greatest Dadâ€ mugs are nice, but on a hot sunny Fatherâ€™s day, why not give the gift he craves for and something that does not break your bank either? It does not matter if your father figure is crazy about sports, or backyard or outdoor activities, a simple hors d’oeuvres recipe like the one I am sharing today beets puff pastry andÂ Michelob Ultra will get just the right kind of ambiance you need for Fatherâ€™s day.Â
Beets Puff is a snack with crisp & flaky outer layer and mixed vegetables stuffing in the core. It is a quick and tasty way of a satisfying urge of something savory.
Why Michelob ULTRA? If you are looking for a choice that does not add too many calories and with no compromise, you cannot go wrong with it.
Take, for instance, the father figures in my household ( my husband and brother-in-law) are into outdoor activities at least three times a week. I hate to undo all that hard work in one day! As we all know, gaining calories is easy, but losing them is hard work and takes a lot of time away from the family.
The recipe I have has a touch of Indian cuisine, but the ingredients are fairly common and can be prepared in less than 45 minutes.
The beer I chose for this recipe packs less than 100 calories. Thatâ€™s Michelob ULTRA with just 95 calories. This beer complements the spicy note that my snack brings.
The snack comes with a good size serving of vegetables and a decent amount of calories. However, you have to exercise caution as you cannot stop with just one. It’s that good 🙂
My recipes are intended to be easy to make, absolutely delicious and refreshingly vegan. Let us feed the fathers with the perfect mix of fun and nutrition that they deserve.
Â If you are a big fan of baked pastries, you might also want to try my recipe for the widely popular Crunchy Spring Rolls.
A little bit of fun that Michelob ULTRA and beets puff pastry can bring offer the perfect balance for a Fatherâ€™s Day.
I look forward to your experience! If you have not signed up for my newsletter to receive my recipes via email, you can do it here.
Here are the recipe detailsâ€¦.
Beets Puff Pastry Recipe
- 2 pastry rolls
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 medium size beets
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Â½ tsp chili powder
- Â¼ tsp Chaat Masala
- Â½ tsp Garam Masala
- Salt taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- Â½ tsp ginger powder Or 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- Â½ tsp garlic powder or 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- Start with steaming the beets in a pressure cooker or instant pot.
- While that is going on, heat 2 teaspoons oil in a pan over medium flame. Add cumin seeds.
- When they turn golden brown, Add ginger and garlic powder and sautÃ© for about a minute.
- Now, add the steamed and grated beets and peas, corn all the other spices listed in the ingredients.
- Stir well and sautÃ© for another 3 minutes.
- Add cilantro and give it another stir. Switch off the heat and let it cool.
- Thaw the pastry sheets to room temperature and set the oven to preheat at 425 F (220 C)
- Cut the thawed pastries into rectangles or squares.
- Fill them with beets stuffing and press the corners with a fork.
- Place them on a baking tray with parchment paper and lightly brush with oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- As the puffs turn brown, let them cool down (About 10-15 minutes).
- Beets puffs are ready to be served along with a refreshing cold Michelob ULTRA! Happy Fathers Day!
Save this recipe for later use: