Almond Barfi – Vegan Almond Squares
Can you prepare a dessert with five ingredients? Thatâ€™s exactly what I will show you today. Desserts are everyoneâ€™s favorite part of a sumptuous meal and Vegan Almond Squares fits the bill perfectly! Almond Squares, (a.k.a Almond â€œBarfiâ€ in India) is one of my childhood favorite among barfi recipes. Coconut Barfi is probably the most popular version, but this vegan almond barfi version will be an eye-opener for those who have never tried it.
There are several ways to prepare barfi recipes and several ways to add aroma. Most of the barfi recipes show cardamom or â€œElaichiâ€ flavor. In todayâ€™s recipe, I show a fresh and new way to adding aroma. I have used saffron strands. Although a little more expensive than cardamom, saffron strands show their presence with its divine and rich aroma. As few as 4-5 strands of this wonder spice goes a long way in adding flavor to your Barfi.
It can sometimes be difficult to get the right consistency and texture when you prepare almond barfi. It is important to keep the mixture stirred at all times. Read my step by step instructions and my video for more details. As the festival and holiday season is approaching, Vegan Almond Squares can be an excellent dessert option.
Try it today and let me know how you like it! Vegan desserts are a lot simpler than you think, but there are some basic essentials you will need to make it easy. I have put together some simple vegan dessert recipes and dessert essentials in the form of a short e-book. Â Just sign up for my newsletter if you have not done so already and you will get a copy. By subscribing to my newsletter, you will also get my recipes sent to your inbox.
Almond Barfi â€“ Vegan Almond SquaresÂ
- 1 cup whole almonds
- Â¾ cup organic sugar
- Â½ cup water
- 4-5 Saffron strands
- 1 tbsp oil
- Soak the almonds in hot water for 30 minutes.
- Peel the skin from almonds and pat dry with a towel.
- When the almonds are dry, blend them into a fine powder and place it aside.
- Mix the sugar with Â½ cup water and boil it in a pan over medium heat.
- As the water boils, add powdered almonds and stir well.
- Continue to stir and add the oil and saffron strands.
- Continue stirring until the mixture starts to gt a consistency of dough. Check out my video!
- Transfer them to a greased tray, flatten and cut into desired shapes.
Â Almond Barfi or Vegan Almond Squares are ready!
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon