Rustic Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Here’s yet another wonderful recipe for a cookie that you can make with no eggs…Rustic Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies. Almond cookies are probably one of the easiest cookie recipes. What makes these special is they are gluten-free, oil-free and vegan. Try one of these and I am willing to bet it will taste better than any other almond cookie from the store.
What makes them rustic? It is the unblanched almond flour. Unblanched almond does not differ from the blanched variety in nutritional content, but it has an authentic and earthen texture. The extra nutty flavor from unblanched almonds pairs well with a hot cup of coffee 🙂 Most recipes call for either almond butter or almond flour. I use both in my recipe. While the flour contributes to the rustic character, almond butter is the healthy alternative for oil. The result is a cookie that is slim yet soft in the middle.
There is another secret ingredient…Flaxseed meal. Flaxseed meal mixed with water is the binder ingredient that brings the dough together for a cookie consistency. A lot of my readers have had great success with using flaxseed meal as an egg replacement for their recipes. Check the first few seconds of my video and you will know how easy and simple it really is. If you are interested in a simpler and plain version of almond cookies, try my recipe from last year.
Try them today and don’t forget to leave a comment here or on my facebook page. You can also subscribe to my newsletter and you will get my recipes sent to your inbox. I have also put together some simple vegan dessert recipes and dessert essentials in the form of a short e-book. I am also working on few other recipe books that focus on special interests. Just sign up for my newsletter if you have not done so already and you will get a copy. Here are the recipe details….
Rustic Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies is probably one of the easiest cookie recipe. What makes these special is they are gluten free, oil free and vegan.
- 1 cup Almond flour (unblanched)
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup (60 ml)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Mix the water and flaxseed meal. Mix well and place it aside for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven @ 355F
- In big bowl, add flaxseed meal and all the ingredients, one by one, except chocolate chips. Whisk them as you add to get an even mixture.
- Mix the chocolate chip and gently mix with a spatula.
- Drop tablespoon-size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until cookies appear golden around the edges, but still soft in the center.
- Remove from oven, and let them cool for about 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
Rustic Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies will stay good for up to a week in an airtight container.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $8.08Was: $9.51
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: $14.94Was: $24.14