Homemade Vegan Chocolate 🙂
The word “Chocolate” can broaden any smile. So why not create your own homemade vegan chocolate that you can use with any dessert or even as a bite sized snack? The best part about it is you can create this vegan recipe in less than 30 minutes of ‘prep’ time.
Today, I show you the simple steps for a wonderful chocolate recipe. Imagine the desserts you can prepare if you have your own chocolate anytime. I like to drizzle some of the syrup on cakes and also making chocolate curls on ice cream with my peeler.
Basic to making a good-tasting chocolate is to use good cocoa powder and the right mix of vegan ingredients that make it creamy. You can adjust the sweetness to your liking and create vegan “milk” chocolate, bittersweet or even chocolate with orange zest. The choices are just limitless.
For today’s recipe, however, I am sharing the tried and tested vegan chocolate recipe. I also tested my new silicone molds for the first time. These molds make it super easy to handle them. The little dinosaur shaped molds are just adorable. It was one good way to engage the kids in the kitchen. Try the recipe today and let me know if you have any flavor suggestions. I am going to try this with orange or lemon zest and I will share my experiences. You can leave a comment here or on my Facebook page. If you prefer getting my recipes directly in your inbox, just hit the subscribe button at the right….
Basic to making a good-tasting chocolate is to use good cocoa powder and the right mix of vegan ingredients that make it creamy.
- ¼ cup+1 tbsp organic coconut oil
- ¼ cup cashew powder (see notes)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup sugar powdered
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place a big pan over medium heat with 1 cup of water.
- Then place a glass bowl over the pan.
- Place all the ingredients one by one in the glass bowl and start a slow stir to blend in all the ingredients and remove lumps as you go.
- Keep stirring until you see a smooth and silky texture. It takes only 10 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate lava in silicone chocolate molds. Be sure to tap off any bubbles along the sides.
- Freeze for an hour or two.
Take hand full of cashews and blend in blender or food processor in to fine powder. Measure before adding to the recipe.
Enjoy the homemade vegan chocolate!
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $7.45Was: $9.53
Price: Check on Amazon